( 4k reads bonus! ) " the past, and the past only. " twenty - seven

" the past, and the past only. "
27

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

[ third person ! ]

Birds chirped, and trees rustled in the wind. Currently, you were heading back to Liyue from Fontaine.. a few weeks ago, you decided to go to Fontaine, just for a change. Sure, you might've ran out of mora for a little while, and had to work for a bit at a workshop.. but it was still worth it.

The waterfall there was gorgeous.. you were even able to dive underwater. Somehow, you didn't drown.. somehow. Everything was so.. different there, compared to Liyue. The city of Fontaine was.. more advanced.

The huge waterfall there went on for miles.. it seemed like it never ran out of water. You even took a few photos of it.. you wanted to show Xiao all of them, maybe even give him some.

Still.. you didn't know if he would even care one bit. Normally, all he would care about was Almond tofu, and stuff... Why would he even care for a few pieces of paper anyways?

You were still going to try.. oh, the only reason why you decided to come back to Liyue a little earlier then you had planned, was because Lantern Rite was coming. It was always your favorite.. you enjoyed it.

Lanterns, booths, food, games, fireworks.. and romance. You were always such a fan of romance. Whenever you would adventure in Liyue, you always brought a few romance novels.. even if it weighed your backpack.

You even developed feelings for Xiao.. but why would he even like you at all? He probably liked that Lumine.. or whatever her name was called. You were jealous, but they both of them deserved it.

Why were you even thinking about this right now? You always have to stay on alert.. just in case a few monsters decided to randomly try and kill you. You weren't exactly that good with your vision yet.. let alone a weapon.

You were a sword user.. basic, but fitting. You weren't that great at wielding a sword either, though.. yes, you were a adventurer, but you were never quite fond in combat.

As you continued to walk, you suddenly heard.. robotic sounds coming from behind you. You were hesitant to look for a minute.. but curiosity got the best of you. You slowly took out your sword, as you looked behind you.

You were face to face with a ruin guard. You stared at it for a few seconds, before it hit you.. right in the face too. You immediately got up right after, and tried to slash it.. big fail.

You were only hit again, as you quickly landed on your feet. You immediately sent some.. blades, which were made out of anemo. Still.. it barley made a dent on the thing. You were screwed. Mega screwed.

Still, you didn't want to give up just yet. You continued to slash it, nonstop. At one point, you even tried to run away.. but the Ruin Guard only shot you with a few bullets.

You kept trying, over, and over, until you were severely injured. You couldn't do anything at that point.. you were weak. With tears running down your cheeks, you managed to quietly mumble something out.

"X-Xiao.."

Immediately, teal particles appeared in front of you, before a figure formed. It was Xiao. "You called?" He crossed his arms, before he quickly realized the situation you were in. You were injured.