( 3k reads bonus! ) " alternative universe. " | twenty - six

" alternative universe. "
26

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

[ third person ! ]

A girl stood still on the side of the road. It was you, you kept coughing out flower petals.. which were mixed within your own blood. It was a terrifying scene to witness over, and over, but it was necessary.

Around a few months ago, you were just going home from class, meeting Xiao. Once you arrived, you only saw Xiao and Lumine, kissing. The scene overwhelmed you with all kinds of emotions.. anger, sadness, worry, sorrow, everything. Did Xiao like Lumine? Were you only just a friend to him?

You just stared at the scene, horrified. You were caught up into your own bubble, but then.. you felt this sudden urge to cough. You quickly ran away from the scene, before you let it out. As you kept coughing, flower petals came out of your mouth.

Why were flower petals coming out of your mouth so suddenly? Unless.. did you have hanahaki? You quickly ran, and ran back home. Once you arrived inside your room, you quickly turned on your computer, logged in, and going onto Google.

" Why am I coughing out flower petals? " As you typed that in, and began searching, many results popped up.

Hanahaki.

A disease which forms inside a person when they experience one sided love, or if the loved one dies. The victim will cough out, or throw up flower petals. The only ways to get rid of it is if the other person likes them back, or if they get surgery. If you get surgery, all your romantic feelings toward the significance other will be gone, for good.

Your eyes widened at the result. Hanahaki? You were a little confused, then horrified.

Hanahaki. A disease which slowly kills you overtime. If not treated in time, you will die. Flowers will grow inside your lungs, and once your body reaches its limit, you will suffocate.

You began trembling in fear. You were gonna die soon.. and yet, you couldn't do anything about it. You can't change Xiao's, or Lumine's feelings towards eachother, you were never, ever capable of that.

You simply just curled yourself in your blanket. All you could do now is cry to yourself, and wait. You didn't want to even get a surgery, and you didn't even have the money. You wanted to keep this while thing a secret, a secret from everyone.

You wanted to bottle it all up, now, you just couldn't trust anybody. Not even Lumine, or Xiao, and even your parents. Why would anybody even believe in hanahaki? They would probably think your simply lying.

You simply just rolled into bed, before falling asleep. You wanted to hold those coughs of yours in, you didn't want your parents to accidentally walk in on you coughing our flower petals, that would be terrible.

Ah... yes. You remembered all the terror, and sorrow you felt at the time. It had been months, and it seemed as if you'll soon succumb to your disease. Every single day, your hanahaki only gotten worse.

You continued slowly walking on the side of the road, while you tried your best to wipe off any blood on your mouth. There was so much blood. It seemed as if you really were gonna die soon.

You felt weak, and tired of hanahaki, it felt painful to walk. You had to, since you had to go to school. It was a important day, exams. Yes, you were never able to study for them at all since your hanahaki had ruined everything, but you didnt want your parents suspecting anything.