"christmas day once again" | thirty - one

"christmas day once again."

chapter 31

christmas & 8k reads special

[ this chapter doesn't match up with the current timeline of the story, this is just a special chapter. enjoy once again ! ]

˗ˋ ୨ ♡ ୧ ˊ˗

Slowly, as you got up, a yawn managed to escape your lips. Your room was cold, your hair was a mess, and your blanket and holiday pajamas were the only thing keeping you nice, cozy, and warm.

Today was christmas. The only problem was that it didn't even feel like it. It just felt like a normal day, like any other. This year, all of your friends were busy, or were spending the holiday break with family.

In the morning, you only did your usual routine, while your family chatted with eachother in the living room. Once you fixed your hair, washed your wash, and did your skincare routine, along with brushing your teeth, before making your way downstairs.

Underneath the christmas tree, were gifts. Gifts you given to your parents, to your elderly, etc. There were also gifts for yourself, but of course, it wasn't like an iPhone. Or anything. Your phone was still good enough, it wasn't annoying.

As you opened your gifts, you noticed they were of things you asked for. Such as cute clothing, decor, etc. It brought a small smile to your face.

Suddenly, your mother made her way over to you, a cheeky grin. You had the sudden feeling she was going to tease you about something.. oh, how your mother reminded you of Hu Tao. Especially that suspicious grin.

"Oh Y/N! Are you going to invite your boyfriend over later? It's christmas after all, and I think my daughter misses him.. hmm?" She leaned in, aa you let out a sigh. No matter how old your mother was, she always enjoyed teasing her little daughter about nearly everything. A faint blush appeared onto your cheeks, as you crossed your arms.

"Well.. I'll ask him; but won't Xiao be busy with.. family things? Like everyone else?" You asked.

"You never know! Plus, I asked his father!"

"Mom! How did you even get Zhongli's number! And.. that's embarrassing." You replied, muttering out that last bit quietly.

"Oh honey, your mom won't spill secrets here. He said Xiao won't be doing much today." She sat down on the couch.

You only let out a sigh, as your father went over to your mother for a kiss. Your mother hesitated rather quickly.. was this how married people usually acted? Nevermind, don't answer that.

Your parents didn't really act all lovey dovey, but your father was always so persistent.

Your father cooked some pancakes for breakfast, they were cooked beautifully. They were so fluffy, you could quite literally feel them melt in your mouth. And with the syrup.. oh, it tasted even better. You might've ate a little more then what you would usually eat.

You were also quite busy making last minute gifts. Yes, you had already given gifts to all of your friends, all except Xiao. Reason being.. you didn't know what to get him, and the item or ordered arrived late.