A Story

I'll skip my battle. Just know that I won and was coming to tempest. I flew as fast as I could back to tempest. In a few minutes, I reached it to see the destroyed city. I walked across the streets to see mountains of dead and destroyed buildings. By the time I found my brother, I saw a sickening sight. Almost every goblin villager I had known from the start and the some of the Kijin were dead. I stared at it. This happened to me. Again.

Benimaru: Lord Shōmetsu?

In a matter of seconds my mask shattered into dust. The pieces of dust on my face managed to contain the magicules to fit only tempest. Rimuru did the same thing, releasing his own aura. We both just stood there, eventually falling to our knees.

Sho: How did we get here? Just awhile ago we were with our students.

Rimuru: We can't even cry. We truly have become monsters.

We both duplicated our masks and put them on. After a few seconds we both got up, knowing what to do.

Sho/Rimuru: {Gluttony}/{Seven Sins of Man: Gluttony}

???: Wait! Mister Rimuru!

A girl was behind us. We both didn't turn around.
Rimuru: So you came. Thank You. But, please wait a moment. We need to start our work.

???: I'm sorry, Mister Rimuru. Although the possibility is very low. No, it's virtually impossible but there is a fairy tale about resurrecting the dead!

I stood there thinking what on earth this could be. That the final hope was a fairy tale. I didn't want to have false hope but I couldn't hide the giant smile I was growing behind my mask. Rimuru was even laughing.

Sho: Tell us more.

???: The Legend of A Girl and Her Pet Dragon. Once upon a time there was a girl who helplessly watched her Dragon die. The Girl lamented the death of her pet dragon who was her sole friend, and in her fit of rage she, alone, destroyed the country responsible for the death of her dragon. In that country resided 10,000 souls.

Sho (mumbling): 10,000? Didn't I kill 9,999 Orcs?

???: Thus, the girl evolved into a Demon Lord. And at that moment, a miracle occurred. The girl's soul became connected to the Dragon's. As the girl evolved, so did the dragon. However, the miracle only reached that far before it had ended. The dragon's soul had already disappeared when it died. Lacking a soul it revived as a wicked chaos dragon. As if it was answering the girls wish to bring calamity to the world, it transformed into a wicked dragon.

As I listened, I thought "Huh. This sounds a whole lot like Milim." It was an interesting tale for someone like her

???: When she awoke from her fit of rage the girl had become a demon lord. Even though she was grieving, she made the decision to personally seal the chaos dragon who was both her pet and sole friend.And so, the story ends with the girl sealing the dragon.

Sho: Ok... So we just need to become Demon Lords?

???: Most likely.

Sho: Thank you...

???: Ellen.

Sho: Thank you, Ellen.

Me and Rimuru immediately started making preparations. I made5 extra magic barriers to prevent our friends souls from slipping through. Rimuru put the person responsible for this on trial while I questioned the voice.

Sho: Do you need human souls to become a Demon Lord?

Voice: Usually, Yes. Thanks to the skill {Limitless} you bypassed it.

Sho: Can I become a demon lord? And when did I get the seed?

Voice: No. You are above that. You can only become a True Demon Hero. You got the seed due to the skill {Limitless}

Sho: Then why didn't I get the hero's egg until I took a spirit?

Voice: Prerequisites that {Limitless} can't offer were needed.

Sho: If I become a True Demon Hero, Will I be able to revive my friends?

Voice: Cannot Answer. You are the first one with {Demon Hero's Ember}. The outcome is unpredictable.

Sho: So it's a gamble?

Voice: Yes.

Sho: What do I need to become a True Demon Hero?

Voice: Be recognized as a Hero by a True Hero and get 10,000 souls. One of the requirements have been met.

Sho: So I killed 10,000?

Voice: No. You have been recognized as a Hero by True Hero, Hinata Sakaguchi.

Narrator: Due to Sho not saying this, I will. His heart began to thump loudly and his face was a little red.

Sho: So that's what she realized. I was fighting for everyone I cared about. Like a Hero.

Narrator: He brushed it off and waited for his brother to finish judging the one who started all of this. After 3 minutes, they all got to a table and began a meeting talking about how Sho and Rimuru will become demon lords and how some humans should be allowed into tempest. That led to both Sho and Rimuru admitting their secret. I'll hand the narration back to Sho now.

Rimuru: Hey, guys.

Sho: We were both humans in our previous lives.

A small amount of silence passed until I continued

Sho: We died and got a second chance on this side. Rimuru... (mumbling) was a few days older than me... (Regular Speaking) and had no one. He couldn't see, hear, nor speak. He just ate grass. I wandered around and bumped into him. After that we met another and we all became brothers but due to unfortunate circumstances, he disappeared. So we just stayed in solitude.

Rimuru was in slime form but I could feel the smugness in him once I said "a few days older than me" in my explanation. And RIMURU I CAN SEE YOU SMILING! STOP ACTING SMUG!

Narrator: The narrating Rimuru was indeed smiling.

Rimuru: but even guys like us gained comrades like you guys. With goals set in mind, I finally felt as if we had a purpose. The reason I made the "don't attack humans" rule was because we were both humans ourselves. Although you were hurt by this rule and it was never my intention.

Rimuru (Narrator): Let's skip this part.

Sho (Narrator): You're dodging it because of what happened to you after our speech. I'll let it pass this time.