Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

They made it to Joel and Tess hideout, Violet, Ellie and Lily walked through the door before Tess shut it behind them and said she needed to talk to Joel.
Ellie swore as Violet rolled her eyes lying down on the couch eyes closed as Lily and Ellie started to talk.

"I'm Lily.
That grumpy woman is my sister Violet.
She's kind of a big deal around here. You've heard of the Blood Lily?"

Violet gasped as Ellie's head turned quickly towards her in disbelief. Violet stood up and pulled her sister into the corner of the room,

"You can't say shit like that Lil,
my operation works because of the anonymity.
You tell people that and you'll get us both killed.
Don't be stupid."

Lily's face dropped at the last sentence as Violet felt regret pang in her stomach.
Violet whispered again,

"That's not what I mean, okay? I just mean you have to be careful who you reveal that stuff too."

Ellie cut Lily off by speaking loudly,

"I'm not gonna tell anyone.
Do you really mark the houses with Lilies?
A bit on the nose right?
What if someone figured it out?"

Violet turned towards the girl before bluntly replying,

"No one has so far,
and if so i'd probably just kill them. Depends who they are."

Lily smacked her arm before starting a conversation back with Ellie ignoring her sister still upset with the comment she had made. Violet turned her back from them, her head already aching.

Worry pooled in her stomach as she knew what was to come.
And her sister has only had to fight infected once. Twice she's seen them and the first time she almost died. Violet had almost failed her.

Her protectiveness only amped up after the incident. She couldn't fail her mothers dying wish.

Joel walked in startling Violet as he tossed his bag loudly on the floor before sitting down on the couch when Ellie asked,

"So who's Bill and Frank?
The radios a smuggling code right?
60s song they don't have anything new. 70s songs they got new stuff.
What's 80s?"

Joel rudely stood up and pulled the book from the girls hand and threw it on the table. Violet rolled her eyes answering the girl,