Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

As they made it to Bill and Frank's gated community, the place looked deserted. The flowers were dead, there was no movement anywhere.

The group walked up the steps into the house and found the door unlocked creaking slowly as Joel opened the door, they walked into the house as Joel called out their names.

Joel turned around to Ellie, Lily and Violet and asked them to stay out as he searched.

Violet searched and walked through the kitchen finding old moldy meat at the table. She knew that Bill and Frank were dead, or they had left, and it didn't seem like they would ever do that.

Violet walked through and found an envelope on the table, she opened the letter, and found it addressed to Joel.

Violet stopped reading and waited to Joel to come back, but ultimately looked down and saw the line writing that they were dead.

Ellie and Lily played with the piano as Joel walked into the room seeing Violet sitting their with the letter.
Violet softly spoke as the two girls walked in,

"It's from Bill. To whomever... but probably Joel. I figured I fell under "whomever." Came with this."

Joel sighed before speaking bluntly, knowing that another set of his 'friends' or whatever they were are dead. He had knocked in the door of the bedroom and it was locked.

"So they're dead?"

Violet reached the letter out towards Joel, offering him to read it for himself, Joel just nodded to Violet pulling away from the letter,

"Go ahead. You do it."

Violet nodded and then softly spoke, knowing that this letter was personal and not easy to say in front of the group.

"August 29, 2023. If you find this... please do not come into the bedroom. We left a window open so the house wouldn't smell, but it will probably be a sight. I'm guessing you found this, Joel, because anyone else would've been electrocuted or blown up by one of my traps. Hehehehehehehehe. Take anything you need. The bunker code is the same as the gate code but in reverse.

Anyway... I never liked you, but still, it's like we're friends... almost. And I respect you. So, I'm gonna tell you something because you're probably the only person who will understand. I used to hate the world, and I was happy when everyone died.

But I was wrong because there was one person worth saving. That's what I did. I saved him. Then I protected him. That's why men like you and me are here. We have a job to do. And God help any mοthеrfսckеr who stand in our way. I leave you all of my weapons and equipment. Use them to keep..."