Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

The group moved forward in total silence, watching where they stepped, watching how loud they breathe, the stairs creaked as they walked up them, Violet wincing every step she made. When they made it up almost to the top there was a loud crash and some of the roof came down.

Violet pointed her gun up as they halted to a stop, Joel moved forward shining his light everywhere around them to find the mutating cordeceps the whole way through. They walked slowly and carefully through as Ellie stepped on one that cracked as Violet head snapped to hers, and then up to the top of the stairs where she heard a tense rumbling.

When they made it to the top Joel opened the door carefully, Violet entering after her checking to se ever sister near. As Tess walked through the ceiling suddenly caved in almost crushing Tess as she jumped out of the way. Violet cursed internally as she heard a loud clicking, they all snapped towards the sound.

Ellie stepped back in fear as Violet pulled Lily closer to her. They all backed up slowly as Violet saw Ellie struggling to breathe, Violet grabbed her hand and pulled her behind a platform taking Lily also with her. Violet placed her finger to her lips as she gave the girl a half smile and mouthed 'stay here.'

Suddenly more clicker noises appear revealing another clicker, Joel and Tess joining behind the wall hiding carefully, he mouthed to Ellie, 'they can't see but they can hear.'

They looked over to see the clicker making loud groaning noises right in front of them, the clicker turned to corner next to Joel but Violet was quicker she brought her knife quietly down into the clicker neck pulled swiftly almost decapitating the thing.

Violet shook as she tried to lower the clicker slowly down so that none other would hear. Violet stepped backwards and her eyes snapped to Joel's as she heard a crunch.

Smashed glass loudly called to the clickers as it turned around and screamed in the group face's, Joel screamed for them to run as more came running through, Violet's eyes widened as she brought her gun up and shot at the monster before grabbing Lily as Tess grabbed Ellie and running forward again.

To Violet's left saw Joel struggling with the clicker before Tess and Ellie tripped over as the clicker neared, Violet signalled Ellie and Lily to crawl away while Tess and Violet led the clicker away. Violet saw Joel face to face with a clicker falling to the ground as she ran his way and shot three times in the back of the clickers head.

When the group got back to Tess, there was clicker coming towards her with an axe in its head.
Violet aimed quickly but Joel shot first bringing down the last clicker as Violet turned to Lily and checked her over at the same time Joel asked Tess,