Dark Waters

Natalie's POV:

2PM

"Just- Fuck- Get it over with, we need to go," I said, holding my breath. Keegan swiftly bandaged up the wound on my arm. 

"Go get changed while I clean this up," he said to me as he began to tidy up the area.

"I'll just wait for you to finish."

"This is gonna take a while... And after last time, you don't want to be late again, do you?" He said as he turned to look at me. 

"Fine." I muttered as I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower to get the blood off of my body. I quickly changed into clean clothes and decided to let my hair air dry. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Keegan waiting for me to be ready so we could leave. 

"You waited?" I asked as I walked to the door, he just nodded in response. As we both walked out of my room, I noticed Ghost and Soap were behind us. As soon as Soap saw us, he laughed loud enough so the entire building could hear him. People turned around to take a look at Soap, while I glanced at Ghost to see if he knew why Soap was laughing. However, he had already locked eyes with me, and I couldn't look away. I felt my arm being pulled harshly, and finally my gaze shifted back to the direction we were walking, but I noticed Tristan was the one dragging me. 

"Hey- Can you let go?" I asked as I tried to shrug away from him but he just tightened his grip on me. "Tristan- You're hurting me." He finally let go of me as we moved further away from the group.

"What the hell was that?" 

"What was what?"

"Why was Keegan in your room? Are you two...?" 

It took me a moment to realize what he was talking about, "What the hell are you talking about- No, we aren't having sex if that's what you're trying to imply. And from what I'm aware of, we aren't going to be together 'for long' so it shouldn't matter, right?"

He raised his voice, "I don't fucking care about what I said. I don't want you to hang out with those guys. Do you not care about me at all? Is that why you're doing this?"

I was taken aback, but composed myself, "I think it's best if we just break up now. I'm sorry, but I don't think we can make this work. This was an issue in the past with us, and if you can't trust me then I don't think we should be together." Tristan looked surprised, but he could see that I was completely serious. He simply nodded and, without another word, walked towards the briefing room.

I was feeling overwhelmed with what just happened. I know I made the right choice, trust with us was always an issue. I tried to take a few moments to compose myself, but tears continued to roll down my face. After a few deep breaths, I was able to calm myself down enough to take a few steps forward. As I stood in front of the door, I took one last deep breath, and wiped away my tears and walked inside. Everyone briefly turned to look at me before Price continued to explain the mission. I'm sure people knew I was crying, my eyes were red and puffy. Ghost continued to stare at me, his eyes demonstrated a different emotion, concern. I looked at him, giving him a reassuring smile. I took a deep breath and focused on the briefing. 

"We will be going to an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, it's currently inactive and is currently being used by the cartel as a smuggling dead drop. A cargo ship is also anchored 500 meters to its northwest. We had surveillance see personnel move a large container from the ship to the rig, Shepherd believes is the missile. We will take 3 boats to take down both targets. Ghost will lead the ship assault team, Graves, Soap, Zero, and Alejandro will engage the oil rig and disarm the missile. Eliminate all threats. Get ready, we leave in 30 minutes."