Chapter Fourteen

Not even the tea his Mother had always made him when Lotus felt sick could cure the pounding in his head. How his heart hardened even more after hearing Calian and Talia's story.

It irked him to no end on how she put herself in harm's way. Despite having the best intentions, Lotus would have lost his mind knowing he was the reason for it.

He gave Calian an appreciated look, having no words for how thankful he was to protect his mate without knowing.

"I would have done it for anyone," he shrugged. "But I mostly did it so I didn't have to see you fuck her. Live raw animal sex isn't something I would enjoy."

"Yea, he likes it slow and sensual and private," Talia teased.

"If I knew then that you would not only clawed at me but abused me for saving you; I wouldn't have done it, "

"Abused?!"

Lotus straightened up, "Talia gave you that scar?"

Calian glanced at the wound his forearm now bore like a tattoo. Still bleeding and angry looking. He seemed nervous but Talia made a move that caught his attention. A sheepish look on her face. "I may have lightly scratched him when he shoved himself in front of me,"

"Lightly?" Lotus raised a brow.

"I'd suggest having a medic nearby when she shows her rough side," Calian jokes, laughing at Talia's offended look.

Lotus wasn't sure how he felt at the moment.

Seeing Talia and Calian tease and joke brought a sense of peace but all he could do was stare when Talia's wings brushed against Calian or how he gently grazed her hand.

He didn't get to think much when she wrapped her arms around him, whispering nothings and making Lotus melt just slightly. Most likely had asked him something and seen his sour mood.

He liked that they still acted normal around him, even though they knew that at any moment, he could turn into a monster again.

Lotus slowly wrapped his arm around her, mindful of the wings as he tried to remember when was the last time someone had hugged him.

He wasn't sure if he was comfortable with it, but appreciated it nonetheless. If it made her happy, he was content with it.

Lotus looked toward Calian, his stomach swirling as Calian eyes softened.

Curse the Cauldron, they were to be the death of him.

***

Lotus knew eventually he'd have to face his parents, but he thought eventually would be in a few days.

The moment he walked out his room, Calian and Talia trailing behind, he met his Aunt Nesta's stoic face, saying how they all waited for him in the main room. Her eyes were as hard as stone, a look she never really gave him. Maybe she realized he really was the villain in this story all along.

This house was different then the rest he had seen.

He knew then they were in the Court of Nightmares. It's secret the most sacred thing, especially with his Father around. Walls whispering and its eyes watching their every move. The Darkness and chilly air made Talia shiver.

He could feel his anger spike again.

Talia didn't deserve to be in this prison of Night that Rhysand and his house of misfits called home.

Lotus turned his head slightly and blinked at the Male beside him. Calian took his hint and walked slowly behind, whispering softly to Talia. He could hear her as she slightly waved him off, his concern not necessary.