CHAPTER 15 : OUR COMPROMISE

As expected, Sam was waiting for me.

She was standing by the window looking down with a glass of wine at hand.

When I came in, she pretended to not have noticed but I saw her hand holding the glass tightened.

This is a good sign! At least she is not lashing at me or throwing me out.

I can still salvage this!

I came to her and hugged her from behind.

M: I love you!

S: (Sam was still silently looking at the window but I could feel her body tighten when I hugged her. Typical Sam haha I hope she never changes.

My beautiful and precious Sam. Even at times like these, she's still adorable.)

M: (I got out of the hug and walked toward her. Held her face and showered her with kisses) I said I love you!

S: What are you doing Mon?

M: I'm showing the person that's sulking that I love her!

Is it still not working? (I took her wine glass, gulped the rest of the wine and placed the glass down. I then proceeded to look her in the eye, took her hand and placed it on my heart)

Can you feel it Sam? My heart beats only for you. I love you! Don't you love me too?

S: What's the point in telling me all of this Mon when you're leaving me?

M: Do you really have to say that I'm leaving you Sam? I am leaving for you. For us. I promised you I'll come back, right? Don't you trust me?

I will never stop loving you Sam. I just need time for myself for a while. To find myself and to improve myself.

All that I am doing now is for us too. I want you to be proud of your girlfriend for the person that I have become when I come back.

S: the problem with you Mon is you believe you are not enough.

You have always been more than enough for me!

I don't need you to accomplish anything! What's the use of your status if we're going to be apart!
Why can't you see that you have done enough! More than enough! You're my only happiness Mon!

Why can't you just stay with me?

M: It's because you're like this Sam that I can't stay with you.

I can't push myself when I'm with you.

I'm too dependent on you. I rely on you too much. I grow complacent because I have you.

I can't grow like this Sam. I want you to be able to rely on me too! That's what partners are for right? U have my back and i'll have yours.

Me leaving doesn't mean I'll stop loving you Sam because I know I never will!

I am sure that I will love you for the rest of my life!

When I come back with my PhD and I have saved enough to start my own company let's get married then.

I'm sure your grandma would have nothing to say when I've shown her how much I'm willing to do to stay with you.

S: then go but don't leave me behind. I have a lot of money; I can always put up another business in the States and I can leave Kirk here to manage the rest.

M: I can't ask you to put your life on hold just because I need to chase my dream Sam. That's not fair to you.

S: what you are doing now is not fair to me Mon.

M: I know.
that's why I said I'm sorry.

S: your sorry won't do anything.

M: I know. I love you Sam. More than you'll ever know. Please never doubt that.
Now can we please stop fighting? I have 3 weeks to be with you and I don't want to waste a single minute of it.

Sam hated the idea of me leaving but she knew she couldn't change my mind.
I had to leave and we had already established that.

She had 2 choices, to stay mad at me or to make love with me.

I'll give you 2 guesses to find out what she chose but i'm sure you'd only need one.

That night and the next nights to follow, we made sure to make love whenever and wherever we could.

We chose to spend as much time as we could together.
We wanted to remember everything about each other, create as many memories as possible.

We never spoke of me leaving again.

We both knew it would only trigger bad memories, so we just pretended that it never happened.

That is until it was time for me to say goodbye.

****†****†****†****†****†****

Hi loves!!
How's everybody!

Hope u r still reading!
Thank u for all ur support I truly appreciate it!

How do we feel about Sam and Mon's approach?

Do u think it will work?

Tell me what u think! I love reading about them :)
Comment, vote and share please and thank u!!