CHAPTER 60 : THE PROPOSAL

Mon's Pov

I didn't have a lot of time to think because I was immediately asked to go to the hospital the moment I woke up.

I needed time to compose my thoughts!

I needed to be alone so I rushed to my room the moment we arrived home.

I need to think about what to do next.

What are you willing to do Mon?

Will you be selfish and allow Sam to stay with u knowing all that she's giving up to be with u?

Can u trust that she won't leave u like she did in the past?

Are u prepared to risk it all to be with her?

Or will u let her go and ask her to forget everything?

Will u be able to forget again Mon? U promised u wouldn't lose any of your memories from now on right? So u would never forget!

Asking her to leave would only be torture! Why do it?

Are u sure u can take it when she leaves?

What was the right thing to do?

I was so conflicted!

Will u entrust ur heart to her Mon? Decide!

Mon! This is ur second life! U promised yourself that u will be happy this time!

U promised that u won't allow yourself to get hurt ever again!
But why do I feel like no matter what choice I make, it'd still end up hurt?

So just what are u even thinking about Mon?
Why are u hesitating?
You know what to do right?
U can't be selfish.
Sam has already done so much for you! It's time you do something for her too Mon!
Do this for yourself and for Sam too.
This was the right thing to do!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the next day when i've already composed my thoughts, I went out of my room and looked for Sam.

I found her in the backyard playing with Singha.
From the dark circles under her eyes, it was obvious she didn't sleep well. I was so tempted to hug her but I steeled myself because I knew I couldn't delay this any longer.

M: Sam, we need to talk

(I saw her panic the moment I said that. Her eyes were searching mine for answers about why i'm doing this all of a sudden)

S: you're scaring me Mon. what's this about?
Are u upset that I forced u to go to the hospital? Did I do anything to make u mad?

M: why would I be upset because of that?
I hate hospitals but i'm not unreasonable.
I know u did that because you wanted what's best for me. Thanks Sam for always being there for me!

(Life without u Sam will be painful so I'd rather let you go now that i'm just starting to love u rather than wait until it's too late.
I may not be able to afford letting you go if I waited any longer.
I'm doing this for you too Sam! I hope u would understand one day.
If I remember you someday and regret my decisions, I hope u can forgive me too)

S: great! I'm happy you're not upset. But if not that, then what are we supposed to talk about Mon?

M: can't we just talk? I thought we were friends.
Friends don't need a reason for wanting to talk

S: friends don't say we need to talk Mon.
They just talk.
Besides it can't be nothing when you're this serious.
There must be something.
You can't hide it from me.
I know u too much to not notice when you're hesitating Mon