CHAPTER 51 : 1ST STEP

Mon woke up the next day and I had to remind myself to stay calm... To make sure to smile!

I have to make sure to be calm and collected and to not let my emotions show.

I can do it! I'm sure I can!
Remember Sam this is your last chance to stay with Mon! Don't waste it!

The first thing Mon did when she woke up was look at me

There was confusion on her face and her eyebrows were knit a little

I'm sure she's trying to fit the puzzles together. She knows I was someone that belonged to her past but as to what my role was that was what she was figuring out.

M: Who are u?

(I flashed her a smile and steeled my heart)

S: sorry about yesterday! I'm sure I surprised you.
My name is Sam.
How are u feeling?

M: I'm a little nauseous and have a migraine but i'm fine. Thank u for your concern.

Just who are u Sam?
What kind of relationship did we have?

(I smiled again, evading her question)

S: do u want me to call the doctor for you?

(She shook her head and stared at me as if trying to recall who I was)

M: you didn't answer my question

Tell me honestly please.
Who are u Sam?

I can't remember you but my body is telling me that it knows you.

When u hugged me yesterday, it felt familiar.

When u called me MonMon, there were flashes of my memories that showed up, but the scenes were too fast and sudden that I couldn't process anything.

In the end, I couldn't remember what those memories were telling me

I just can't wrap my mind around it yet but I know you were someone important to me.

Can u please tell me?

(I smiled unknowingly at her words! This was the first time in months that I have smiled genuinely!

Just knowing that Mon remembers me somehow is enough for me!

I knew it Mon! You will always come back to me!
You can do this Sam! Take it slow!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mon's Pov

I don't know what happened yesterday but I just know that person was somebody I have to remember!

She was definitely important to me! I just know it! Just why is my memory so hazy! This is frustrating!

Everytime I forced myself to remember, I get these aweful migraines and I lose control of myself!

Just why is it stopping me from remembering!

I want to remember too!

I know she was someone I had to remember!
I never had this drive to remember someone before...

Even with my parents, I felt guilty for not remembering them but my body was not compelling me to remember them like I did with her

Just who is she?

When I woke up, the first thing I thought of was... Was she still here? Did she leave? I looked around for her and when I saw that she was, I was happy.

This is definitely weird!
Why should I care if she was still here?
Just who is she to u Mon?
Why can't I remember?!
Ughh I hate this!!
These stupid migraines!