CHAPTER 35 : THE PLAN

All we have been doing is wait!
We weren't even allowed to see Mon and this was extremely vexing!

The only consolation we have gotten was that at least we know Mon survived and had a successful surgery.
That was enough.
at least for now, it was enough

But why is she still unconscious? That's what we were trying to figure out.
The doctor said the next 24 hours were crucial and we didn't really understand that.

What does that mean? Does that mean she was supposed to sleep for 24 hrs? Was that it?

They didn't give her anything beyond anesthesia though and that should have worn off long ago.

It has been 16 hours now since Mon came out of surgery and there was still no news! I'm trying to be patient and relax, but it wasn't working, so I poured all my attention in my work instead.

Today has been a long day!
The media came and went and now my team is busy with damage control.

I asked Tee & Kate's help to restrict the news too.
I couldn't leave any chances for Mon to be exposed!

I gave explicit instructions to my staff to keep their mouth shut!

If anybody discloses any news to the media, they knew what I meant when they said they'll regret it!

Some of the clips still had made it into circulation via streaming platforms and had already gone viral.

That was an immediate concern and we were trying to make this our priority.

I asked my team to make sure all clips were taken down and for them to trace the people who were spreading it.

They needed to be taught a lesson in respecting someone's privacy!
I will not take this lightly!

I liked that I was kept busy handling this situation though.

I welcomed the challenge.

I poured my all into my work.

This was my way of stopping myself from looking at my watch every 5 mins and going back to overthinking.

At least here I found a little bit of solace. I just needed to breathe for a while then I can think for Mon better.

Work has always been a good tool to divert my attention, focus & emotions. That's the reason why I was so addicted to it, at least in my world I was the one who ruled it.
I was in control and I always won.
That's the stability I needed in my life the most.

But It's funny how life surprises u sometimes with the most random things.

I remembered a day when I used to say I couldn't afford to just be a plain housewife.

when I said my company was the only thing that makes me happy and that I would do anything to keep it

But now, work and my company were only but secondary.
I only remembered it because I needed an escape.

I would do anything, drop everything just to stay with Mon forever. It just took too long for me to realize what truly made me happy.

Would u still give me a chance Mon? I promise to do it right this time!
Let's go to the US together!
U chase ur dreams while u will be in mine.

Can u please not leave me behind?
I promise not to hold u back!

I'll learn how to cook and wait for u at home.
I'll clean too. I'll do all the things u used to do.
You've done it for so long. I'm sure I can do it too if u need me to.

Being a housewife doesn't sound so bad. Wait i'm the husband though. Ok house husband... I'll be your house husband for the next 5 years while you're chasing ur dreams.