CHAPTER 56: NEW MEMORIES

The past 2 weeks have been a blur.

Sam made it a mission to drag me everywhere!

I was thankful because I also wanted to see more of the world.

I was having fun with her!
We were visiting all the tourist spots, ate at all the famous restaurants and even went to different night markets!

We also did a lot of crazy things like going to a carnival, a theme park, a museum and everything else she could think of.

It was so random but i'm not complaining! I love being with Khun Sam!

I still find it amazing that Khun Sam would do all this for me!
From what I heard from my parents, It wasn't her personality to go do all these things.

She was known to be reserved and quite fuzzy too.
I wonder why the Sam I was seeing was so different from how my parents described her to be?
Is it because they didn't know her at all? Or was it because you've changed too like I have?
I guess I will never get the answers but I'll find out someday right?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

S: what do u want to do today Mon?

M: i don't know. How about doing things u like to do Sam?

S: all i want is to be next to u Mon, nothing else matters.

(There she goes again! Sigh! Ur making me feel guilty like this Sam!)

M: Sam...
S: oops.. Haha hmmm what I like to do?
How about going to the beach Mon?
Oh on second thought, i hate the water so nevermind that idea hmmmmm. What to do? What to do?
(I was curious, her emotions flipped when she mentioned the beach. why would u hate the water Sam?)

M: can i ask u something Sam?
S: sure Mon, anything
M: why do hate the water?

(Her smile faded at my question so I knew it was serious... whatever led her to hate the water so much seemed important, so I was even more curious to find out why

It took a while for her to answer. It seems like she was thinking hard about how to answer it. Was it personal? Did i intrude on her trauma? But I really wanted to know)

S: the water is too peaceful
M: and what's the problem if it's too peaceful? Isn't that a great thing? It's relaxing

(i smiled. Probing for more. Come on Sam. Tell me more)

S: people might be tempted to stay in it forever

(She then looked at me with an emotion I haven't seen before. Was it regret? Longing? I can't tell but all I know is that Sam is in pain.

Oh no! What did I do? Did I push her too hard again? Shouldn't I have asked.

I didn't know what to do so I did the thing I knew would help.
I hugged her and waited)

(It took awhile but Sam did eventually feel better or at least she pretended to be ok.
I knew she was still bothered by it. I don't know how but I could just tell.
I have grown better at reading Sam but I didn't know if that's a blessing or a curse because I loved that I get to see the real her now but I hated it when I know she's hurting and I can't do anything about it!
Just what have u gone through Sam?
I wished that I could ease your pain somehow but hugging you is the only thing that I could do)

(She shook off her emotions and quickly changed the topic)

S: I know what to do Mon.
U haven't gotten ur things for Harvard yet right? Let's go shopping (she said with a smile)

M: oh yeah I forgot about that haha Harvard is a month away how could I have forgotten?

S: see? It's great having me around! I'm handy!
M: Sam... U don't have to try so hard! U can cry when you're sad too. I'm here...