(4)

I apologize for the lack of updates! Work as been crazy and I've been out of town for the last month. I'm trying to update as much as I can!

The weekend came around and the week finally came to an end.

Lucas texted me during the week, telling me about this weekend. I was a little excited, probably to get away from the house and do something a little more exciting then go to work and come home.

I told Kate about that and she said that it was fine. I asked her if she needed help with Asher or Sophia, but she shook her head and said Mason would be home.

Sometimes I cancel plans to help my sister out and that's why I never go anywhere cause I feel bad about leaving my sister with everything while Mason works.

Once, my coworkers invited me to go out one night to celebrate one of their birthdays but I denied cause Kate was pregnant with Sophia and she was about thirty three weeks pregnant, so she was having a hard time doing anything herself.

My life always revolved around taking care of everyone else around me, so I never really did have a life.

Of course, I'm not complaining.

I took care of my mom until she passed, and was there with my dad until he passed away.

But I'm always taking care of people I love and that was my life.

Always.

When Saturday came around, I was awake by nine and ready for Lucas to come get me. I was excited about today and Kate saw that throughout the week.

She asked me, "Why don't you go out and enjoy life?"

That made me shrug cause I didn't have an answer.

Kate was always worried about me and I could see it in her eyes. I try to tell her that I'm fine but we both knew that was a lie.

I try to enjoy the little things as much as I could but something always takes that away from me.

Not sure what.

Kate was feeding Sophia as I was sitting on the arm of the chair, waiting for Lucas. I look over at her as she was leaning back against the couch and watching tv.

As I was looking at her, she looks over at me before slightly smiling. "What?"

"Nothing." I shrug before looking down at my phone.

After a few minutes, Lucas texts me to tell me he was outside. I stood up before looking at Kate, who was looking over at me.

"Lucas is here."

"Have fun." She smiles.

After I walk out of the living room, I grabbed my bag from the entrance then walk out of the front door. I saw Lucas sitting in the driveway as I was shutting the door behind me.

As I got into the car, Lucas smiles at me as I toss my bag in the backseat. I watch as we left the driveway and I buckled my seat belt as Lucas turns down the stereo.

"You ready to swim?" He asks.

"Hell yeah. It's too damn hot." I complained as I look out of the window. I hated this weather and it was getting hotter everyday.

Summer time was the worse.

The ride there was full of us talking about this summer and our plans. I told him that I was working all summer and he said that he wanted to spend more time together.

As we pull into the parking lot of the swimming place, I saw Lucas look around before smiling when he saw his parents.

We got out and I grabbed my bag from the back seat as Lucas was walking towards his parents. I joined him and they greeted me before walking towards the entrance and I was trailing behind.