(7)

I woke up in sweats from a nightmare, which I'm surprised that I didn't yell out cause my heart was pounding when I sat up in my bed.

The nightmare included my dying parents, which I never really have dreams about them, and when I do, it's usually a small memory, but never a nightmare.

It was weird.

When I look over at the bed-side table, I grabbed my phone to see the time. I read 4:45 on the lockscreen before tossing the phone on the table, and laying back down.

The fan above my head was spinning as I was laying there, trying to figure out why I had a nightmare about my parents.

It was still fresh in my head, but I didn't let it get to my head as I closed my eyes, and slowly drifted back to sleep.

-

Kate was laying on the couch with Sophia in her arms as she was watching tv when I walk in.

She looks over at me and smiles. "You heading to work?"

"Yeah." I said as I held onto my energy drink, then saw Kate eyeing it as I took a sip. "Should be home around five."

"Have fun. I love you." I nod as I grabbed my back from the floor that I placed down when I walked in, before walking out of the living room.

I made sure I had everything as I was walking outside, and walked to my car. I look around, noticing how bright and sunny it was today.

After I got into my car, I left after a few minutes, and turned the music up as loud as it can go. I played Numb by Linkin Park, and leaned back as I was focused on the road.

When I arrived at work, I pulled into my parking spot, and sat there for a moment as I saw some of the guys walking around the building. I kept my eyes on them as they looked over at me but I didn't show any emotions towards them.

A few minutes passed, and I finally got out. I grabbed my bag, and locked my doors before walking towards the building. I already wanted to go home, but I took a breath, and walked inside.

The cold air from the air conditioning unit instantly hit me as soon as I walked in. I saw my boss walk out of his office, and smile at me as I started walking down the hall towards the garage.

Once I was outside, Chad saw me before smiling at me. I saw him walk towards me before stopping, and crossing his arms. "Good to see you here. These guys are getting on my nerves already."

"What are they doing?" I ask.

"Being idiots."

"Always." I look around before heading to my station, getting ready to tackle the day, and get it over with.

The guys around me were doing their own thing, leaving me alone for the most part, and I was thankful for that as I was doing something.

Chad would come over a few times to help me, which made me thank him but the guys around me weren't too happy about it.

Which I couldn't understand why they were so pressed about it.

As I was walking outside to get some air cause the inside of the garage was too hot, I saw that vehicle pull up again, and knew who it was instantly.

When she pulls up, I saw her look over at me as her window was rolled down. She parks then got out of the car, and I caught sight of that other woman, who was staring at me once her sister moved out of the way.

"I have another issue. Not sure if that man messed up my tires but it's shaking."

"I can check it out, if you want."