(33)

"Angel," Amaya giggled as I was kissing her face all over. I couldn't help but smile when I heard her laugh, and it made me smile. I pull away to see her look at me with a smile on her face.

Amaya was finally home.

It was only a week, but it was a week too long.

She's better now, and there's no more pain in her stomach. She had a few treatments to find out what was wrong, and when she was all better afterwards, they let her leave.

But I caught the words from the doctor before I walked out of the room when they were still talking to her.

He told her that she needed to keep taking her medicines, and relax more to prevent everything happening again.

I took that into note.

They don't know I heard, but I did. I'll make sure Amaya is rested and relaxed, plus taking her medicine like she's supposed to.

I'll take care of her.

"You should go home to see your family, Angel." Amaya said once we were settled into the living room.

"Kate is out with a friend. Mason is still out of town."

"What about the kids?"

"Babysitter." I shrugged, not wanting to leave her side anyway. "I want to stay here with you."

She slightly smiled before grabbing my hand and holding it. "What about work?"

"I don't have to go back until Monday."

Today was Friday, so I get the next three days off. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with Amaya cause my thoughts were definitely getting the best of me.

That nightmare I had wasn't the last one. I had another one, and it involved Amaya's death along with other traumatizing things that I can't even begin to explain.

It made me not want to sleep, so I didn't.

But Amaya soon noticed and called me out on it, so I had the chance to sleep in her bed. I slept really good as I was close to her, and listening to her heartbeat.

It's crazy how having her close makes everything bad disappear.

As soon as we left the hospital, Amaya kept telling me that I needed to go back to work. I told her that I wasn't going back right now, and she didn't like that.

"Why don't you want me with you?"

"I always want you with me, Angel. But you have a life and it doesn't need to be involved around me."

That made me realize that I was putting all of my time into Amaya, but I didn't care. I wanted to with her everyday and every minute cause I love her.

It was definitely insane, but I was absolutely in love with her.

In a short amount of time too.

Which is insane, but Amaya stole my heart without even knowing.

As I placed my head on my arm that was stretched out on the chair, I saw Amaya reading her Bible. I smiled as I looked her over and admired her as my heart sighed.

After a moment, my phone rung and I saw Lucas' name on the screen. I answered it, and saw Amaya watching me as I did.

"What's up?" Lucas said on the other end.

"At Amaya's."

"Can I meet her?"

I glanced over as she went back to reading her book. "Um, probably soon but not now. I do have some things to tell you though."