(31)

The only sound I kept hearing throughout the night was the nurses coming in and going out of the room every hour, and it drove me insane.

All I wanted was to get some sleep, but I couldn't when I heard them all last night.

I'm surprised Alina didn't say anything cause I knew they were waking her up also. I heard them a few times, asking her questions but she was half asleep.

When it finally got to a point where nobody came in, I felt at peace, but it was soon broken when the doctor came in after a while.

As he was talking, I opened my eyes then looked over to see him standing near her bed. I saw him holding folder, going over something with her as Alina was now standing up.

"We need to run some tests on you."

"The same procedures you've been doing?" Alina asks.

"Not exactly. We need to take some blood work again to find out if your blood is looking good, and what's going on in your stomach that's causing that pain."

"So, how long will she be here?" Alina asks.

"Maybe a week or more. Depends on what we find and how well you feel afterwards." He smiled before saying a few more things then leaving afterwards.

As Alina was standing there, she crossed her arms before walking towards the bed and stopping. I saw her look down at Amaya before shaking her head, then sighing.

"I'm terrified right now." Alina sighed.

"It's ok." Amaya spoke, but I heard the discomfort in her voice that made me realize that she wasn't ok.

After a moment, Alina said she needed to step out a minute. I looked over at Amaya as she was staring at the tv, then she looked over and caught my eyes.

"You heard the doctor?" She asked, making me nod. "It's not as bad as Alina is putting it."

"Are you sure?" I asked, sitting up now and tossing the blanket off of me. "It sounded pretty serious."

Amaya looked away before sighing, which made me stand up and walk towards the bed. I saw her look at me as I leaned over and pressed my lips on her forehead.

Once I pulled back, she smiled at me before reaching over and grabbing my hand. I held it before leaning over and kissing the back of it, making her smile.

I turned around after a moment before looking in my bag, finding my toothbrush and paste that Kate had put in my bag. I smiled before turning towards Amaya, seeing her watch me as I walked to the bathroom.

After I was done brushing my teeth, I used the bathroom before washing my hands. I walked out then saw Amaya looking at the tv when I approached her, making her look over at me.

"I brushed my teeth, so now I can kiss you." I leaned over before pressing my lips against her, feeling her smile against my lips.

Then, before I could pull away, she grabs my face and pulls me closer to her. I felt myself being pulled on the bed, but I held onto something to keep myself from falling.

"I love you." She breathed out once we pull away.

That made me smile as I leaned back towards her then pecked her lips. I walked around the bed before sitting back on the chair that I slept in all night, which wasn't that comfortable.

As I sat down, I looked at the tv before the door opened and Alina walked in. I saw her look towards me then at Amaya, and she walked towards her before stopping at the bed.

She leaned over to kiss her head, making Amaya smile once she pulled away from her.

"Looks like I'm staying here for a while. I'm about to go home to grab some clothes. Do you want anything?" She asked Amaya.