(12)

When Lucas kept asking who Amaya was, and why she asked for us to join her at the park, I didn't know what to tell him cause the thought of explaining her to him was odd enough.

"She was cute." Lucas said as I was lying on the couch.

"Who?" I ask, already knowing who he was talking about.

"That woman from yesterday."

As I was looking up at him, I gave him a confused look before shrugging. I saw him smile before sitting down next to me, making me look over at him.

"What?" I ask as I see the smile on his face. "Stop being weird."

Lucas chuckled before turning the tv on and then looked over at me. "The way you were looking at her when we were sitting at the table."

"And?"

"Do you know her?"

That was a question that I couldn't answer cause I knew her name but knew nothing about her.

If I told Lucas that, he would start asking questions about her, and I didn't want to explain everything.

"Not really."

The conversation died, and I was bored. I looked over at the clock on the wall, seeing that it was a little after ten in the morning.

It was Sunday morning, and I was completely bored. I couldn't get Lucas to go out and do anything cause his parents are coming back today, and he wanted to clean.

As Lucas was focused on whatever show was on TV, I wasn't interested enough to care. I wanted to do something to keep my mind occupied, but I didn't want to do anything alone.

Today, I didn't feel like I'd see Amaya out, and I wasn't sure why.

So, I stayed inside and watched TV with Lucas.

But not because I wouldn't see her, but because I didn't want to go anywhere alone.

After a few minutes, Lucas asked if I wanted any breakfast. I gave him a look before seeing him walk to the kitchen.

Today was definitely going to be boring.

After Lucas had his breakfast, we started cleaning the house. I helped him sweep, vacuum, and mop the floors.

His parents weren't coming back until later, but Lucas said he would be too lazy later to clean.

At least he had music playing throughout the house.

"I couldn't tell you the last time I had so much fun on a Sunday. This one definitely beats all the others. I'm just having the time of my life." I said to myself, but Lucas overheard.

"Your sarcasm hurts a little." He said before smiling.

I sighed before finishing up the living room and then sat down. I was over this and needed a nap.

"You're useless." Lucas chuckles as he stands at the end of the couch.

I look up at him before shrugging. "I cleaned the living room." I said, and watched him look around.

After he left the living room, I heard my phone receive a text. I saw that Kate sent a message, and I unlocked my phone before reading it.

She asked a weird question, and I had to read it a few more times to understand what it said and what it meant.

"Why are you looking at your phone like that?" Lucas chuckled as he sat next to me.

"You know how Mason has church friends?" I ask, looking at Lucas as he nods. "So.. They're doing something today, and they're giving Mason something, but he's out of town today cause he's helping a friend."