(17)

"Where are you going?" Kate asks as I just got ready, and was about to head outside. I saw her looking at me, waiting for me to answer.

"I'm going to give Lucas something."

"He's in school." She crosses her arms as she was looking at me. "Where are you going, Remi?"

"I am going to Lucas' house to grab something that he forgot. Do you want to see the text?" I ask, holding up my phone.

She looks at it before looking at me, then shrugged. "Just seeing where my sister was going." I saw her slightly smile at me, making me roll my eyes.

"Amaya is busy."

"So, her name is Amaya?"

"Yes." I said, not wanting to hide her from Kate. I knew that we weren't dating, but we were seeing each other, and Kate needed to know.

"That's cute. Can I meet her?"

"Probably. I don't know." I saw Mason walk out of the living room. "Mason might know her."

Kate looks towards her husband. "Do you know the Amaya girl that Remi is seeing?"

"Amaya who?" Mason asks, making me shrug. I didn't know her last name, so I couldn't tell him. "Amaya Jordan?"

"I don't know her last name."

"Amaya Jordan goes to my church in town." He looks over at Kate before looking at me. "Is that who you're seeing?"

"I think so." I said, not knowing if there was another Amaya in that church. "She's in a wheelchair."

"That's her." Mason smiles. "I know her, and her sister."

Kate looks between us before settling her eyes on me. I knew she had a lot of questions for me, cause of what I just said but I didn't have time to sit around and answer all the questions.

"I will be back." I said before rushing out of the door.

When I looked at the text that Lucas sent me, I knew that I would have to hurry up. I needed to get to his house, grab what he needed then rush to the school.

It was a mission for sure.

Lucas messaged me while I was still half asleep. I woke up to him blowing my phone up, then I answered him back before he went crazy.

I pulled up into his driveway, then parked and got out really fast. I rushed to his front door, and grabbed my spare key from my pocket before unlocking the door.

After rushing inside, I ran to his room and looked around for that book. He said it was a red book, and it was suppose to be on the bed but I didn't see it.

But as I was looking around, I saw it on the desk that he had against the wall. I grabbed it then rushed outside, then locked the door before rushing to my Jeep.

After getting in, I backed out of the driveway then I drove down the road towards the school. I pulled into the parking lot, then parked before looking up at the building in front of me.

It's weird being back here, and I definitely had a lot of memories flood my mind as I got out and walked towards the building.

As I walked inside, I looked around before walking to the front office. I stopped as the woman at the desk was looking down at some papers, then she looked up and saw me.

"I have something for Lucas "

"I'll give it to him. Thank you." She smiled.

I turned around and walked out of the office, making my way towards the door. I walked outside then looked around before hearing my phone go off as I was getting a text.