(13)

The time on my phone read five when I texted Amaya.

I waited for her to respond, and within minutes she texted back. I got her address from her, then proceeded to get ready at my house.

I didn't tell Lucas anything cause he would start asking questions about her, which he already thinks I like her, and that's ridiculous cause I barely know her.

As far as I know, we are having a friendly hang out or whatever, and nothing else.

But for some reason, I feel like this isn't just a friendly hang out.

Kate was sleeping with Sophia, but Mason was roaming the house. I told him about the cake, and he said to keep it a secret until he surprises Kate. I asked what he was planning on doing for their anniversary, and he didn't have a clue yet.

He said date night would be good but he would need someone to watch the kids, which I agreed.

"Thanks, Remi. You're the best."

It was the least I could do cause I hardly get time with Sophia and Asher now. I want to spend as much time as I could with them, so I couldn't agree faster.

As I was getting ready, Mason walks to the entrance of my room before knocking on the door. I look over and saw him watching me before stepping in further.

"Where are you going?" He said before scrunching up his face. "I sound like Kate."

I nodded before shrugging. "I'm going to hang out with a friend. I shouldn't be long."

He crosses his arms. "You're a grown woman, I don't care how long you stay out, but I was wondering cause you have work tomorrow."

"I know."

After he left, I finished getting ready then looked at myself in the mirror. I didn't have much on, just ripped jeans and a long-sleeve shirt.

Nothing too crazy.

We were hanging out, not going out.

I walked out of my room, and upstairs before walking into the kitchen. I saw Mason standing at the stove, cooking something as I grabbed a water from the fridge.

"Have fun." He said.

"Thanks." I said before turning around, then running into Asher. "Hey, booger." I picked him up and hugged him.

"Aunt Remi, guess what!"

"What?" I saw him smiling.

"There's this girl in my daycare.. and.." He looks over at his dad before cupping my ear with his tiny hands. "I like her."

I look at him as he pulled back, and I smiled. "No way. What's her name?"

"Um.." He tapped his chin. "I forgot." He laughs. "I'll ask her tomorrow!" I placed him on the floor then saw him running out of the kitchen.

Mason looks over at me. "What did he say?"

"Said he found a frog at daycare and was going to ask the teacher if he could keep it." I nodded. "Later!" I yell as I walk towards the front door.

After I left the driveway, I followed the address on my phone as I placed it in the phone holder. I turned the music up loud before driving to where it tells me to go.

The drive there was only seven minutes, and before I knew it I was pulling into the driveway of a really pretty house.

When I stopped my Jeep, I saw that car in the driveway that I knew belonged to Amaya's sister. I parked behind it before grabbing my phone and getting out.