(29)

"You have a lot of hickeys on your neck." Chad said as he was staring at me. I looked over at him as I was checking the tires on this truck, and Chad was walking around me.

"Yeah?" I shook my head. "I didn't even know." I chuckle.

"Good to see you smiling." Chad said, smiling at me. I saw him look at me as I was walking around the truck, checking the tires.

Chad was walking around with me, looking at the truck but I couldn't figure out what he was doing. I kept looking over at him as he would look at me before looking somewhere else.

"What?" I ask, clearly confused.

"Nothing." He shrugged before walking away and looking at the truck again. He looked back at me before smiling then walked in the shop.

I shook my head as I looked back at the truck, checking the tires before putting air in a couple of them. I made sure everything else was good before walking back inside the shop, away from this heat.

As I walked inside to cool over, I sat on the couch that was in the front where all the customers would sit and wait for their cars to be done.

It was too hot outside to be out there, and I felt like I was having a heat stroke.

I sat there and cooled off, watching some customers come in and workers walk out. I saw the boss walk out of his office before smiling at me, and walking down the hall towards the shop.

After a few minutes, I got up and walked to the vending machine to get a drink. I paid then grabbed it once it dropped, and walked back towards the shop.

I walked out and met Chad as he was walking from outside. He saw me and smiled as I chugged the drink I had before nodding at him.

"Your girlfriend is here."

"Ok." I said before chugging more of the drink. It wasn't even water but I didn't care cause I was thirsty.

As I walked outside, the heat instantly hit me as I walked to Alina's car. I walked around before stopping at the passenger side, and saw Amaya smiling at me.

"Hey." I leaned in and kissed her, seeing her smile once I pull back.

"You're all sweaty."

"It's hot."

"You're not inside?" She motioned towards the shop, and I shook my head. "Why not?"

"It's full. I was working on that truck." I motioned towards the truck that was sitting out in the sun.

Amaya looked at me with concern before touching my forehead. "You're burning up. You need to drink plenty of water." She looked down at my drink that I had in my hand. "Not soda."

"I know." I said as I chugged it a little more.

"Drink water, Remi."

"I will." I said, making her stare at me.

"Promise?"

"I promise." I smiled before leaning towards her and kissing her again. It felt weird kissing her in front of Alina, but she wasn't paying attention.

Amaya looked at me before reaching over and caressing my cheek. "My Angel." I saw her eyes glance down before looking back up at me. "Where's your necklace?"

"It's in my Jeep. I didn't want it getting dirty."

"Ok." She smiled. "Oh, I have a doctors appointment today."

"When?"

"At two." She said, which made me look over at the stereo to see the time. I saw that it was a little after twelve. "But I'll be home afterwards."