(6)

"You look cute." Chad smiles as he opens the door of his car for me. I look over at him before being escorted towards the restuarant.

"You already said that." I mentioned as he held the front door open for me.

"Yeah, but I thought you needed reminding again."

As soon as we walked in, the sound of people were echoing through the walls. I couldn't see any empty tables cause this place was packed and loud.

After we were escorted to our table, we ordered drinks before the waiter handed us our menus and walked away.

I took this time to look around for a moment before looking at the menu. I didn't like being in crowded places but I didn't want to be rude and tell Chad that we needed to go somewhere else.

"I didn't realize this place was going to be so packed."

"Me either."

"The food must be good." He smiles.

As we were looking at the menu, the noises around me were getting louder. I tried not letting it get to me but it was difficult.

The waiter came back and took our order after handing us our drinks. I ordered a steak and Chad ordered the same thing.

After the waiter left, I fiddled with the napkins on the table to distract me from everything around me. I drowned out the noises around me as I focused on the paper in my hands.

Being out in public was something I hated but as long as I kept my eyes away from everyone around me, then I wouldn't want to leave.

It was something that I was traumatized from when I was younger and I feel like it's always going to be stuck with me, no matter where I go.

I thought it would get better as I grew up, away from all the things that kept me from enjoying life out in public but it seems to still haunt me after all these years.

Chad was playing with his phone as I look over at him. I look back towards the napkins before glancing out the window that was next to us.

When the food finally arrived, we ate and talked about a few things. I listened to him talk about his life outside of work and learned more about him since we hardly talk.

We're friends but we don't hang out outside of work cause I don't like interacting with people. I like Chad cause he's the only one that doesn't give me shit at work but I'd rather us be work buddies.

Plus, I have Lucas and that's all I need.

Chad was already done with his food as I was picking at mine. I saw him look over at me with an eyebrow raised before folding his arms on the table.

"You weren't hungry?"

"I don't eat.. remember?"

"Oh shit, that's right. I'm sorry." He said, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"For what?"

"We should of went somewhere else."

I shrug before looking down at my plate that still had a lot of food left in it. "It's fine." I said as I look up at him.

After a few minutes, the noises around me were getting too much. I saw Chad look over at me for a moment before motioning for us to leave, which I nearly jumped up out of my seat.

When he paid, we left the restuarant and it was already almost dark. I look around and saw the stars up in the sky before looking over at Chad as he was holding the car door open for me.

Once I was in, he shut the door and walked over to the other side. He got in, shut his door and started the car before leaving the parking lot.

"You ready to go home or you want to go somewhere else?" Chad asks.

"What did you have in mind?" I ask, looking over at him.

I watch him rub his chin, thinking about what we should do before smiling over at me. I wasn't sure what was about to come but when he didn't speak for the next few moments, I was genuinely scared.

After a few minutes, we pull up to an arcade and I look over at him. I saw him smile before getting out of the car as I sat there, wondering what the hell we were doing here.

"Don't tell me you don't like games."

"I never really been to an arcade."

"Really?" He asks as he held the door open for me. "Well, welcome to your first experience."

When we walk inside and I was completely caught off guard from how amazing this place looks. I was impressed with all the games they had and it was pretty cool.

"What do you think?" He asks, looking at me.

"It's cool as hell." I said, looking around. I saw him smile as he was walking around and I follow as I was looking at everything.

Chad stops at a game and I stood next to him as he was explaining what it was. I knew some games here but there were some that I wasn't familiar with and Chad to explain it to me.

We ended up playing a lot of games together. Dancing games to shooting games and racing games, which I won all of them and Chad was impressed the whole time.

"You ever played games?"

"I played a lot of games before." I look at him as he was smiling.

"I've been meaning to ask you." He said as we walked around. I look at him as he looks back at me. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No." I look aroun at the games. "Not really interested in anyone. Plus relationships never really interest me."

Chad looks at me as we stop at a game and I look back at him. "So, you're a player?"

"I just don't do relationships." I shrug, trying to change the subject.

We continued to play other games and I beat him in all of them. I wasn't complaining about it but this wasn't something that was fun to me, but Chad seems to enjoy it so I went with it.

By the end of the night, Chad took me back home and parked in the driveway for a moment. I saw him put the car in park before looking over at me. "I had fun."

"Yeah, it was something different." I said.

"I'll see you at work Monday."

When I got out, I could tell that I made him feel like I didn't have fun. I wish I could at least have fun but I can't do that in public or with anyone besides Lucas or my sister.

It wasn't anything against Chad but he took it that way.

Once I walk inside, I saw Mason and Kate on the couch. I walked downstairs to my room before shutting the door and sighing once I laid on the bed.

My mind was in a fog but soon left once I felt an urge to fall asleep.

And that's exactly what I did.