(16)

"I think I messed up." I sighed as I stared at the tire that was in front of me. I was underneath a car, standing up and looking around.

I felt so bad about last night, that it kept me awake all night. I might have gotten an hour of sleep, but I was mostly tossing and turning.

Chad came under the car, and stopped as he looked around. "You didn't mess up. You did good." He moves the tire around then looked back at me. "It's stable."

"I'm not talking about the car."

"Then what?"

I looked at him before shrugging. I turned my attention to another tire, and saw Chad come around to block me.

"What?"

"It's nothing." I said, making him walk with me. I sighed before looking at him as he was staring at me, waiting for me to speak. "Amaya."

Chad furrows his eyebrows. "Who's Amaya?"

"That woman.. in the wheelchair."

"Ok?" He asked, clearly confused.

I sighed before looking around, then looked back at him. "I hung out with her last night. We went out and-"

"On a date?" He asked, smiling.

"I guess." I said, not sure if it was a date or not. "But.. I messed up."

"How?"

"Cause.. she's religious, and I'm not."

Chad slowly nods. "Ok.. explain why you messed up."

"She wanted me to read a page from the Bible.. and I didn't. She asked why, and I said that I didn't believe that."

"And she got mad?"

"No.. she was unhappy about it. Like it hurt her." I thought about her face before sighing. "I messed up."

"You really like her?"

"Yes. A lot." I said, making him smile.

He looks around before motioning for me to follow him. I followed him out of the shop towards his truck, then stopped on the other side.

He leans on the truck then lights a cigarette. "Can I ask why you don't believe?"

"In God?"

"Yeah."

I shrugged as he looked at me. "I just.. never really believed in that."

"So, you neve read the Bible?"

"No." I said, looking around as a car drove down the road. "I didn't know Amaya was religious." I sighed.

"Does that make you not like her anymore?"

I looked at Chad before shaking my head. "No. I still like her the same. That doesn't change anything."

After learning that Amaya was religious, and believed in that, it didn't make me like her any less. I still liked her a lot, but I look over that.

It's something I never really understood.

The wind outside was getting a little rough, and the coldness in the air was ridiculous. I crossed my arms before shaking a little, then saw Chad look at me.

"Where's your jacket?"

"Amaya has it."

"Aww." He smiles, making me walk away from him.

I ignored him, and got the rest of my work done.

After noon came around, everyone went out to eat somewhere. I was left alone, with Chad cause he didn't go anywhere as well.