(21)

This is where songs will be included on very important chapters

DFMU by Elle Mae^^

"Something wrong?"

I looked over to see Chad staring at me as I was lost in a daze. I was constantly checking my phone every minute, and Chad finally called me out on it.

"No." I said as I placed my phone in my pocket, and continued to work. I saw Chad watching me for a moment before smiling.

"Amaya?"

"What?"

"Is it Amaya?" He asks again. "You keep checking your phone constantly, and she's not here." He looks around.

I looked at him before shrugging, not wanting to make a big deal out of it but my heart was screaming. I was having a hard time focusing on my work.

Amaya wasn't answering my phone calls or texts throughout the day. I left her a few from this morning, but no response, and I tried calling but it went to voicemail.

I didn't have Alina's number, so I couldn't call her.

It made my head start spinning and thoughts consume me. I didn't like the feeling that I had when I overthink, but it was starting to get to me.

She had a doctors appointment yesterday, and I texted her that night to ask how it went. She texted back and said that it went ok, but she needs to tell me something very soon.

After we said our good nights, I didn't hear anything else from her through out the day. I was stressing and losing focus on everything around me, and of course, Chad called me out on it.

"I'm just.. worried." I said, making me look at me before smiling.

"That's-"

"Don't say it." I said, making him shut up quickly. "We're dating now.. and I'm worried cause she hasn't answered my calls or texts. She had a doctors appointment yesterday and.. I just can't focus."

Chad slightly smiles as he stands near me. "Remi, it's ok. I'm sure everything is fine."

"Ok." I said before getting back to work, and walking away from him. I kept my focus away from Amaya, and finished the work for today.

As the day was coming to an end, there were no signs of texts or phone calls from Amaya. I didn't recieve any from any number that could be Alina, so that left me worried even more.

After I clocked out, I rushed out the door and left work in a hurry. I knew that I would be going by Amaya, but I was scared at the same time.

As I was driving, my mind was all over the place. I kept thinking about Amaya and a lot of other things. I couldn't focus at all cause she's all I could think about.

Once I got onto her road, I kept my eyes ahead, and seen saw her house come into view. I saw Alina's car, and my heart stopped for a moment then restarted as I parked in the driveway.

I sat there, thinking about how crazy I was acting cause of this woman. I couldn't wrap my head around what she was doing to me, but something was telling me that something was hiding among the shadows around her.

There was something missing from what I already know about her, and I couldn't figure out what that was or if she would tell me eventually.

It couldn't be as bad as my mind was making me think, right?

After sitting there for a moment, I finally got out and walked towards the front door. I stopped as I was hesitant before knocking, waiting for Alina to answer the door.

It took her a few moments, which seemed like minutes, until the door opened. I saw Alina look at me with a somewhat nervous expression. I could sense that something was wrong as she stood there for a moment.

"Remi.. hi."

"Hey." I said as I noticed how nervous she seemed. "Can I come in?" I ask.

She stood there for a moment before nodding, allowing me to walk inside. I saw her shut the door behind me before I followed her to the living room.

Then, I stopped when I saw Amaya sitting in her spot next to the bookshelf. I watched her for a moment before Alina cleared her throat, and Amaya looked towards her.

She looked.. different.

She looked the same she did that day I came over, and she had dark circles under her eyes. I could tell something was wrong as I started approaching her after Alina left.

I slowly sat down next to her as she was looking at me. I saw sadness in her eyes as well as something else that I couldn't figure out.

She looked sick.

"I tried calling you and texting you today." I spoke after a moment. "You never answered, so I came here."

She nods before looking down at the book in her lap, which was her Bible. I saw her run her hand over it before continuing to stare at it before finally looking up at me.

"I'm sorry." She spoke, which was soft and quit.

"What's wrong?" I ask. "What happened at the doctors?"

She was quiet for a while as she looked down at the book. We sat there in silence for a few minutes, not saying anything as I was staring at her, waiting for her to speak.

It was worrying me.

"Amaya."

Then, she finally looked back up.

"Nothing. I just get tired after my doctors appointment." She glanced at me.

"That was yesterday." I said. "You're still tired?"

"Yes." She spoke, looking down.

Something was wrong.

"Amaya, what's wrong? You can tell me."

After a moment of staring at her, she sighed. I saw her look at me with so much emotion in her eyes. I was hurt by the way she was looking at me.

"You said you needed to tell me something." I saw her look away after I said that. "What is it?"

The longest minute of my life was in this very room. Amaya wouldn't look at me, and the silence around me was enough to drive someone insane.

"Remi.." She spoke, making me stare at her. I saw her look up to meet my eyes, but never said anything afterward. "I want you to leave.." She closed her eyes afterward. "Please."

"Wait, what?" I saw her look away as I was staring at her. "Amaya."

"Go, please." She never looked back over at me as I slowly stood up. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I turned around to walk out of the living room.

Alina walked in as I was walking out, then looked past me at Amaya.

I was hurt as I walked out that door, and I wasn't sure what to do afterward. I drove home after that with so many thoughts running through my head that it was hard for me to focus on anything else.

When I got home, Mason was gone to work. Asher was asleep, and Kate was busy with Sophie. I went to my room, and closed the door as I shut everything out.

As I laid on my bed, I couldn't stop thinking about Amaya. I wanted to cry for the first time in years, knowing she was the reason for all these knew emotions running through me.

I never knew someone could make me feel something I haven't felt in a while.

But Amaya was different.

And she was keeping something from me.

I know something bad was about to come around cause I could feel it. I could feel just how terrible things were about to get, and I wasn't sure if I was ready for it.