The short lived victory

(Sun Wukong POV)

I had told Dahlia exactly 3 days ago to show me her abilities. During these last 3 days I can't help but be amazed and intruged by her. I haven't really seen anything like it.

-3 days ago-

I watched Dahlia fidget as she shoved the wrapped into my hand. She stands up looking at me, almost concerned before pacing around a bit. Contemplating her options until she eventually sighs and turns to me.

"I need something to write with and a piece of paper," She stares at me. Pushing out that fake confidence, but i can see the fear lingering underneath.

After I rushed inside, rummaged around not caring too much to wake the others. I returned to dahlia with a pencil and a piece of paper. She takes it and thinks, pressing the paper to the deck and begins to draw. I opened my mouth to say something but she shushed me, hoenstly this woman has a lot of guts. Gotta admit it's kinda amusing.

"Alright," Dahlia stands up holding the paper. Eyebrows furrowed as she looks away. "Dont say I didnt warn you." 

Curiously I plopped back down on the deck, watching her close her eyes as she covers her doodle with her hand. I can't exactly see what she has drawn up, here's to hoping it's not dangerous. The palms of her hands slowly start to glow a soft pale yellow, the paper latches to her palms and she jolts a bit. The paper squirms as if it's alive, twisting and contorting until in a small glowing flash something floats before her. It's a small silly little snake doodle, A tiny smile creeps across her face as she boops it's nose. The snake circles her hand before spotting me and dashes over. Wiggling around in front of my face before burying into my hair.

"You...how did that work?!" I stared at her, then at the snake as it slithers down to my lap sticking out it's tiny tongue. "It's alive?!"

"Ah well..yes and no? It doesnt have a heart beat or anything...smaller drawings and paintings last longer then bigger ones. More detail the stronger they are," She nods to the little snake as he smile grows a bit bigger. "After a bit it'll disappear."

I scritched under the snakes chin and it coils around my fingers. How could she possibly have this ability? Where is she from? I feel like the more answers I get the more questions I have, I dont want to scare her away. I need to know more...plus it's kinda interesting that she doesnt know me. Maybe i can tell her all about my tales!!

"But yeah, so that's my curse." Dahlia looks away covering her mouth. Was that a fang? nah could just be the light.

"Curse?" I looked at the little snake before it darted off. "More like a gift! Why would something like this be a curse?"

She was silent, her back turned to me. I reached out to her before a loud gasp sounded behind me, nearly causing me to jump out of my own fur.

"THE LADY HAS POWERS?!" MK shouts and runs over holding the snake beaming. "OH MY GOSH YOU'RE SO COOl!!!!"

Dahlia turns around, her eyes wide. She's so shocked...who would have told her this ability is a curse? As far as i can tell this is the least horrible power i could think someone would have for a curse. 

"I...wait huh?" She stares at MK, unsure how to react. 

"MEEIIII!!!" Mk turns as he yells. His friend dashing out ready to kill something. "Look what the lady can make!! She drew it now BOOM it's alive!!"

"AAHHH IT"S SO CUTE!!!" Mei squeals and holds the snake above her head beaming. "I shall name you..Noodles!!!"

"Erm...wait dont name it it's gonna-" Right as Dahlia started, the snake squirms like its uncomfortable before poofing into a ball of dust.

Mei and Mk stand there, quietly a long moment before bursting into tears. 

"I KILLED IT?!" Mei sobs falling to her knees.

"No!" Dahlia waves her hands then looks at me worriedly.

"It's...um...temporary! Dont worry Mei, you didnt kill the doodle." I nodded and pointed to Dahlia. "Besides she can make more! Right dahlia?"

She looks at me eyes wide then at the other two as they dash up to her begging for more doodles. Dahlia stands there awkwardly smiling and agreeing to make more, she might seem unsure about it but I can see the sheer joy in her eyes. I wonder what all she can do, heh maybe I can be her mentor! Now that would be kinda fun. 

"OH!" Mk stops and taps his chin. "I forgot! Pigsy said we gotta land soon to get more supplies, apparantley someone ate the granola bars!!"

Dahlia slowly looks at me and I cant help but laugh, oops, didn't realize that was the last ones.