The calm

(Macaque POV)

"Im sorry Macs.." Dahlia whispered as she held my face in her hand. 

I kept my steady glare on her, even as the tears pin pricked her eyes. I cant let her see how angry I am that I got caught. That I had to work with sun against that bitch. That she hurt herself to protect me... Her fingers twitched against my skin and I could feel myself about to lean into it. I grumbled and stood up, walking away. I walked into the bathroom, starting her up a bath. My ears twitched as I listened to her over the running water.

"Damn it..i fucked up.." Her voice quivered, I could hear her hand clenching. "He's hurt...sun probably hates me now...I let go too much..."

I growled and stopped the water. Walking out practically stomping over, scooping her up and walking to the bathroom. She squeaked and looked confused then shocked as she saw the bath. I set her on her feet and started removing her clothes.

"W-wait wait!" Dahlia grabbed my hand panicking a bit.

"I'm not trying to be a pervert," I huffed looking at her. "You're dirty, let me help."

Dahlia blinked, her surprised and embaressment turning to confusion. She slowly moved her hand and I undressed her. I had her do her undergarments, respecting her privacy, but I helped her into the bath. My eyes flicking over every single scar, eyes lingering on a big one on her spine, and the one on her stomach from the cage. 

"Thanks.." She sunk into the water. Sighing in relief, I made the bath as hot as possible, this sadist loves her hot baths. 

"Whatever," I huffed and sat down beside her. Resting my tail on the edge of the tub. 

We sat there for a while, quietly being in each others presence. Until her wet hand lightly grabbed my tail, I jumped looking at her.

"You're getting my fur wet!" I paused, her brows were furrowed. "What's wrong?"

"Talk to me.." Her eyes met mine, she leaned her cheek against the side of the tub twirling my tail around her finger.

"About what?" He flicked my tail curling it around her hand a bit. "How I almost lost you? How I really wanna smack the shit out of you for hurting yourself to protect me?"

I growled tightening my tail around her hand, i felt her fingers curl around it and I looked away from her.

"I could have lost you too..." She shifted in the water, it sounded like she sat up. "It was probably unlikely but...I...was afraid i wouldnt get to kick your ass again.."

I looked back to her, she wasnt looking at me anymore. Her gaze was focused to the ceiling, there's too many negative emotions in her face. 

"Plums."

She paused and slowly looked at me confused. 

"I like plums..." I kept looking at her this time. "and schemes...and sweet things..."

"Macs," She sits up more now. Staring at me surprised.

"And warm things..." I looked away, not able to keep looking at her now. 

She was quiet, I could feel her eyes staring into me. Ugh this idiot, I'm trying to distract you! Get the clue!

"I like cookies...and sour things," She leaned forward so her face was in my peripheral view. "I like warm things too...campfires... I like hot baths and the rain..."

"Obviously," I laughed and looked at her. Her eyes were softer now, a small smile playing at her lips. "Cant lie, hot baths are the shit."

"Oh you know it," She chuckled and watched my tail curl up her forearm a bit. "Tell me something sappy."

"Sappy?" I raised an eyebrow. "Why something sappy?"

"For fun," She smirked a bit. "Unless you're too much of a chicken."

I growled and looked away thinking. Sappy? Fuck this is what I get for trying to be a little nice... I looked back at her then at my tail , the tip of it subconsciously rubbing against her skin. 

"Fine," I sighed and leaned my head against the wall. "I like this..."

"That's you're idea of sappy?" She snickered, but her eyes flicked away a moment. A tell tale sign it worked.

"You think you can do better?" I leaned over and poked her face. 

"Oh i know I can!"

"Prove it," I smirked. "Unless you're a chicken."

"OH you fuck," She rolls her eyes thinking tapping the side of the tub. I can almost hear the wheels turning as she tries to best me. "I like being held. Not just for a moment, but through the night. Being in the presence of someone special, waking up to them, not feeling alone. Seeing them just being there..."

I stared at her, that was way better then I expected. I cleared my throat and huffed.

"Whatever you hopeless romantic," I stood up and helped her up. Wrapping a towel around her. 

Once the towel was around her, she smirked and grabbed me. She shoved me to the floor and pulled out the gauze. I scrambled back a bit but she already grabbed me, being careful as she took off my shirt and before I could protest started tending to my wounds.

"Didnt think you'd get off the hook that easy did you?!" She sat on her knees in front of me, a hand on my thigh to keep me in place. "Mister I secretly like the sappy stuff."

"You devious little-" I sighed and sat there in defeat. watching her tend to me, she was so focused. Focused only on me. "Fine, I'll let you have this."

She smirked and took her time, carefully tending to every wound no matter how small. Occasionally pausing to look at or touch a scar, she stood up and I did too. I led her to her room, making sure she dressed in warm pajamas. I sighed and stood in the doorway, watching her turn and smile a bit at me.

"Alright," I stepped back a bit. "I should leave you to re-"

"Wait!" She interrupted me, stepping forward when i stepped back. "Cant you stay?"

"Stay?" I blinked at her. "Why? You..."

I glanced at her hands, gripping her clothes, watching them shake. I sighed and turned walking to the couch.

"Fine fine, I'll stay." I flopped onto the couch, putting my arms behind my head sighing. "Just get some sleep..."

I heard her grumble before going quiet. It was quiet for a while, until I heard the shuffling. I peeked my eye open and she quietly walked over and cleared her throat.

"So..." She looked away then glanced at me again. "um.."

I sighed and reached up, grabbing her and yanking her on top of me. I wrapped an arm around her and curled my tail around her waist, closing my eyes.

"Just sleep you idiot..." I sighed, tilting my head pressing my cheek against her hair. 

I felt her arms slide around my sides the best she could, hiding her face into my shoulder. A small content sigh passing her lips. This is just to get her to stop being sad...not like I enjoy how warm she is...or how she smells. That would be stupid.