Chapter 2

The jerk and I?
Chapter 2:

A couple of days had passed, and I guessed that Gab had actually considered the things I told him that day. I was relieved when I didn't cross paths him in the halls. I knew for sure that I would die of embarrassment. That thought was short lived because he happened to appear on my doorsteps on a Sunday afternoon.

I heard the doorbell and quickly rushed downstairs. It was weird, since he suddenly stopped coming after we entered high school. I remember him always coming to hang with my brother and them playing hockey or video games. He probably stopped because my brother went to college. Or maybe because he became a total jerk.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my mom talking. I took a little sneak peek to see if it was actually him. Yup, it was him.

"What brings you here?" She asked. His eyes found mine and when we locked our gaze, I quickly looked away, blushing. My mom's head snapped towards my way.

"Ah, I see. Well then why don't you come in?"

He thanked her and walked to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms against my chest.

"I came to see how our project is going." He grinned.

"Well, we were suppose to work on different parts, and then meet up to combine them, remember?"

"Huh, really? I don't remember."

"Yah right." I murmured and rolled my eyes. I jogged back upstairs to go get my stuff, which I started working on. Once I grabbed everything, i turned around to only find Gab behind me.

"Okay, this room is off limit. Let's go downstairs." I ordered, but only to see him throwing himself on my bed.

"But I feel comfortable here." He whined. I sighed and muttered a fine.

"Okay, let's start then. What did you work on?" He asked, sitting back up. I showed him the research I did on the First World War. He grabbed some books from his backpack and showed me what he did. Wow, never he thought he would actually work on it. I took out my notebook and jotted down his points and mine. This went on for an hour.

~~~~~~~~~#gabelle

"Oh my god, You still have that picture, the one with your nerdy glasses on?" He chuckled as he stared at the picture stuck onto the wall.

"Hey! First of all, they are not nerdy. And I still wear them." I defended. He muttered a whatever and started throwing this bouncing ball in the air. Where the hell did he even find that?

"Will you focus already? We have to present this in two weeks, and it's just been an hour or so since we started working on it."

"Exactly, so that's why you need to chill a bit. I think we've done enough for the day." He fell onto his back. I couldn't help but notice his abs, through his white shirt. His features had also matured over the years, just like his dark chocolate hair had grown. His jaw had gotten stronger, which kind of made him more attractive. Not to mention his personality was charming but also very teasing.

"Checking me out huh?" He said, still throwing the ball into the air.

"Pfft, you? Never." I scoffed. He sat back up and stared into my plain brown eyes. Before I even knew, he had tilted towards me just a bit. His arm snaked behind my waist pushing me a little so that our bodies were close. He brushed his other hand against my cheek. Heat travelled throughout my body sending warnings to my brain, telling myself to back off of him.

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered, my voice sounding squeaky. Our faces were inches apart.

He licked his lips and answered, "closing the gap between us."

I pressed my arms against his stomach, feeling those wonderful abs, and pushed him away. I backed away, only to fall on the carpeted floor. I heard him laughing as my butt made contact with ground. Damn, that was hard.

I stood up and rolled my eyes as he laughed.

"Did you think I was actually going to kiss you, just like last time?"

My cheeks were getting really hot, probably because I was blushing like crazy. "No." I denied. While just thinking about how he actually wouldn't kiss me, a tiny piece of me felt hurt, another piece of myself felt mad at him for his stupid actions.

"You should've seen your reaction." He wiped his tears that had streamed down, his face red like a tomato.

"Are you done now?" Somehow, I didn't feel embarrassed. What I felt was more like anger boiling inside of me. Swing of moods.

"Done with what?" He asked, innocently.

"Laughing at whatever happened just now?"

"You mean, you thinking about me kissing you, and falling off the bed? If that's the case... Nope!" And he started chuckling. I rolled my eyes and stormed out of the room, only for him to grab my wrist and making me spin and fall onto him.

Okay, what the hell is wrong with him, making me spin everywhere? I swear I'm going get dizzy pretty soon.

I was now on top of him, my head pressed against his chest. The sound of his heartbeat filled my ear. It was beating at a normal pace. His hand caressed my hair up and down. His breathing was calm and even. He started to play with my naturally curly hair.

"Okay... this is getting weird?" I said.

"No. It feels natural since we are friends. Let's just stay like this for a minute." As soon as he spoke out those words I pushed myself off of him. Again.

"First of all, we are not friends. Second of all, this is getting weird. I think we're done for the day."

"Eh. So soon?" He pouted. I nodded. He sighed and started shoving all the papers and books into his backpack.

I walked him out to the door. "Well, I'll see you soon, babe." He winked at me.

"Dude, I swear, call me those sweet names again and I'll make sure you'll never be able to reproduce later on." I threatened him, "and please never, ever, wink at me. You just make me want to gag."

And with that I slammed the door, not wanting to hear his annoying voice.