Chapter 12

The jerk and I?
Chapter 12:

Joe's POV:

"Okay, so for semi what time do you think I should pick you up at?" I heard Neal's voice. Shoot, I forgot about semi with him.

"Um... Neal, I- I don't think I can go to semi with you anymore."

"O-oh, okay. It's alright, no worries." Rejection totally flashed in his eyes.

"Yah, sorry..."

"No no, it's alright. Really. Can I ask why you can't go though?"

"I'm with gab now," I quietly said, hoping he didn't hear. But he did, because he stumbled back and clenched his jaw.

"No, you're not," he whispered, "Joelle, you can't like him. He's a player, he'll hurt you and you don't deserve that."

"He won't hurt me. Sure, he was a player, but I know deep inside he wouldn't hurt anyone. Me included."

"Is that what you think?" I nodded. He grabbed my hand forcefully and we started walking to I don't know where. Then we stopped in an empty hallway, hiding behind something. There against a wall was Gab, his hands around Emilia's waist, kissing.

Why? I thought we were something... I felt a huge pressure in my heart. Tears prickled in my eyes, but I blinked and swallowed hard.

"See, now you know what I mean. Once player, always a player." He quoted.

Why did I ever believe him? He is a player. His words were so convincing. But why do I still like him?

I didn't notice I was crying until I felt Neal's arms wrapped around me. I sobbed quietly into his chest.

"Common, we should go." He whispered in my ear.

Taking my hand again, we stood up and quietly got up. But guess we got found out because suddenly we stopped on "dead track".

"Joelle?" It was gab's voice, shocked.

"Everything you said was convincing, but they were just words. And, you know what they say, actions speak louder than words."

And with that, I jogged away holding Neal's hand.

"Hey, Joelle. I think we're far enough now." Neal's voice snapped me out. I looked around, and we were outside of the school.

"Hey, you okay?"

He stared at me in the eyes. I shook my head and started sobbing again. His arms wrapped around me as tears pooled his shirt.

"Joelle!" Gabs voice echoed in the parking lot.

Gab's POV:

When I got outside, i shouted her name not realizing they were just down the stairs, her in his arms. I walked up to them, and did the most random thing I would have done. I gripped her arm pulling her away from him, and punched him.

He stumbled back,shock written all over his face, before he straighten up and launched at me. He grabbed me by the collar and his fist connected with my jaw. I could hear Joe screaming for us to stop. His eyes softened at her voice, but his serious look rushed back. He pushed me against me against the pole, his hand fisting my shirt.

"You bastard! you hurt her. But you know what? You ruined your chance to be with her, so now it's my turn to make her mine." He said through his clenched teeth before releasing me and taking Joelle's hand. I watched as they both walked away.

I wiped away the small smeared blood in the corner of my mouth and slid down the pole.

"It's not like that..." I murmured to myself hoping that she would've hear it and stopped walking. But she didn't.NI started banging my clench fist against the concrete floor.

And just when I was about to gain her trust again, and everything was becoming better.why did this have to happen?
--

I tried calling her and texting her a dozen times, but she wouldn't answer. I even went to her house but her dad told me she wasn't feeling well. More like she didn't want to see me. In history class, she wouldn't meet my glare. And at lunch, my eyes were set on her the hold time.

This felt like a déjà vu as she was laughing with her gang. I looked as Neal and her stare at each other and got closer. With his hand he touched her hair like she had something in it. Anger boiled in my veins so I stormed out of the cafeteria. Cam ran after me.

"Dude! Are you okay?"he gripped my shoulders and spun me around.

"Yah, I'm fine."I muttered.

"No, you're obviously not. There's this deadly aura around you right now. Tell me what's wrong."

"I messed up cameron. I freaking messed up! Everything was starting to be perfect! But she just had to see Emilia kissed me. I swear I was going to push her back but her grip was strong. And then Joelle saw me and now it's over. she won't talk or answer back! And she's always with that douche!" I kicked the locker, letting out my frustration and sat down. "I don't know what he's trying to do, but there's no way he's gonna be with her."

"Calm down, gab. Maybe you can just apologize to her..."

"Cam! Don't you think I tried! I even went to her fucking house, and she didn't want to see me. I messed up I'm telling you!"

"Are you guys together?"

"What?"

"Are you guys together?" His tone was firmed.

"Of course we are. At least, I think so," I paused, "I-I don't even know... Sure, she accepted my feelings, but we never thought about- Oh fuck!"

"Then you have nothing to be sorry for." I glanced at him in a weird way. What was he trying ro says?

"I mean, she can't be mad at you since you guys aren't together and you weren't cheating on her anyways."

He was right. I knew he was right, but I couldn't help and feel this feeling of my heart clutching as I realized we weren't together. We confessed our likings to each other, But we never were.... Together.

"Come on, cheer up. Look on the bright side, you can go to semi with another girl."

"Im not going to semi," I said.

"Yeah right, Gab you've been going every single year, but in a low appearance. And I think we both know why." He patted my back. See, that's why Cameron Sterling was my best friend. He knew what was going on in my life.

--

a/n: this is where all the drama and events starts. xD