Chapter 16

The Jerk and I
Chapter 16:

I jumped off my bed and quickly launched for the stairs. When I saw him, I squealed like a girl would fangirl over One Direction, and hugged him tight.

"Seth! Oh my god! You're home!"

"Hey lil' sis," he chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me too. Ah, his voice was comforting.

"Why didn't you tell us you would be coming back this early?" My dad asked.

"I wanted to surprise you guys. I missed you guys so much!" He smiled widely.

"We missed you too," my mom giggled.

"I missed you the most," I added.

"Haha, I can tell." He let go of me and grabbed his bag, my dad patting his back as we all walked in the living room.

"Ah, this smells like home," he jumped on the sofa and I join him, giggling.

"One more year before you're off to college too, Joe," he added. Mom brought back four cups of orange juice in the living room then sat down with dad in the brown love seat.

For two hours, we chatted happily, catching on what was going on in his college life. Turns out, Seth had a girlfriend name Harpe. They were both going for the same major, medicine. Seth had receive a scholarship in Harvard, which was the best moment for him, apparently. He came home when it was the holidays and summer.

"Well, I'm going to prepare dinner," my mother smiled before wandering into the kitchen.

"I'm going to help your mother," and my dad left. Seth and I also got up and went upstairs in his room. I haven't been in his room since last time he came. He always locked his room with a key, and I had no idea where he got it or he even got a lock in his room. His walls were a baby blue and he had posters covering his walls. His bunk bed was placed against the wall, horizontally. There was a desk with lots of chords and junks. His dresser was filled with balled up clothes. He had a broken guitar in the corner and papers and books.

"Wow, you know, you should probably leave your room open so mom can clean your room or something," I stated.

"No thanks, my room feeling messy feels like home,"

"Disgusting," I muttered under my breath.

He unzipped his duffel bag and started pouring all his clothes in his laundry basket.

"So how long are you staying here?"

"Probably for three days or something, then I'll drive back."

"Okay, that's cool."

"So I heard some stuff you know, that you and Gab have been hanging out together?" He smirked.

"Who told you?"

"Harpe."

"How does she even know?"

"Cameron is her cousin."

"You mean Cam? Gab's best friend?"

"The one and only," he smiled, "so tell me more."

"Um, no thanks," I stared at my colorful socks. They were a bright pink with multicolor polka dots.

"What's wrong? Did something happen between you guys?"

I didn't move, I just stared at my socks. They were pretty. I guess.

"Tell me."

I sighed and began explaining. What was the point of hiding it. Seth and Gab were friends, and if they met while Seth was still here, Gab would just tell him what was going on.

Gab's POV:

It was noon when I woke up. My phone was buzzing off like crazy which annoyed me. I picked it up and pressed it against my ear, waiting for the person to say something.

"Gab, it's me. Maddy."
--