Chapter 13

The jerk and I?
Chapter 13:

Joe's POV:

Semi was tonight and Neal was still my date. I stared at myself in the mirror. . I was wearing this black dress, where the material crossed in the back, leaving a small gap near my lower back. I wore some black flats and my hair was straightened falling down my shoulders.i had a lot of mascara, making my eyes looking bigger, and some lipgloss.

I received a text from Neal saying he was already there with my mom at the door. As I stumbled down the stairs, his eyes raked my body as I did the same. He wore a baby blue dress up shirt with some dark jeans which you could barely tell they were actually jeans. His dirty blond hair was brushed to the side like the night of the party and his emerald eyes were twinkling.

"Wow Joelle, you look beautiful tonight. Not that you weren't before, I mean you're beautiful everyday but tonight-" he rambled.

"Neal, I get it," I chuckled. He was so sweet and funny.

"Alright guys, have fun ok? And don't come home too late!" My mom shouted as we had already left the house.

He opened the passenger door just like a gentleman. I got into my seat as he quickly shuffled to the drivers side. We drove in a comfortable silent , music playing in the background.

"Excited?" I broke the silent.

"Nah, it's not one of my first dances you know." I nodded in response.

"Yeah, but it's prim high. You know, I never actually thought you were going to move here, you proved me wrong."

"Joelle, remember when we were younger? I told you I would move here for one reason only."

I scratched my head, trying to remember what it was. Sudden,y the car pulled into the parking lot, in front of a museum. Typical prim high semi dances were always in museums or community house.

"I don't remember. What was it?"

For a slight second, he seemed hurt but then he returned to his normal expression, a smirk on his face.

"If you're nice tonight, I'll tell you," he winked before getting out of the car and jogged to the other side to open my door. I thanked him and we both walked inside.

The museum was decorated with a lot of balloons in gold and red. There were paper flowers hanging out on the walls and a photo booth in the corner with some fruit punch on a table. As we walked, the floor became transparent and we could see the railings of a train.

"So do you want to dance?" I asked.

"I'm a bad dancer, teach me?" He pouted, and I smiled.

"Sure."

And so for a half hour I was trying to teach him how to dance. Honestly, I was quite a bad dancer too. But hey, I was having fun at whatever I was doing. I also saw the girls and let me tell you, they looked gorgeous tonight.

Neal went to get a drink for us and I stayed back, sitting at the round tables. I looked around, everyone was enjoying whatever they were doing.

I was enjoying the night and trying to ignore my thoughts about Gab. But I couldn't. What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I just forget about him for once! My thoughts were always brought back to him. I think I'm going crazy...

"Crazy for me," I hear someone whisper in my ear. I spun around to see this handsome groomed Gab. Great, I must have said it out loud.

"What the hell are you doing here? Didn't you get the hints I didn't want to see you?" I spat.

"Hey, calm down. I came to this semi formal dance like I always do." I narrowed my eyes.

"You don't, I've never seen you coming to the last dance."

"That's because I was always beautifully hidden." He smirked.

"How about a dance? Please?" He let out his hand. His eyes were literally begging me. (Before u read any further please listen With Me by sum41 while reading.)

"Only this once." I hesitated before grabbing his hand as he lead me to the dance floor. He wrapped his hands around my waist and I, around his neck. The song started playing.

"I don't want this moment to ever end,

Where everything's nothing without you.

I'd wait here forever just to, to see you smile,

'Cause it's true, I am nothing without you.

Through it all, I've made my mistakes.

I stumble and fall, but I mean these words." He sang the lyrics making my heart ache. It's like he was spoking out his thoughts by singing the song. Was that what he was doing?

"I want you to know,

With everything I won't let this go.

These words are my heart and soul.

I'll hold on to this moment, you know,

As I bleed my heart out to show,

And I won't let go." He continued, pulling me a little closer. He leaned a little, our foreheads touching slightly. I breathed out shakily. Too close.

Thoughts read, unspoken, forever in vow,

And pieces of memories fall to the ground.

I know what I didn't have, so I won't let this go,

'Cause it's true, I am nothing without you.

All the streets, where I walked alone,

With nowhere to go, have come to an end.

He got closer, tilting his head a little like he was going to kiss me. By reflex, I let go and stepped back.

"What are you doing?" I quickly asked.

"Joelle-"

"No. I don't even want to hear your explanations anymore. I'm sick and tired of hearing your un-meaningful words. Please just stop. If you think you can just apologize and-and kiss me and make things better again, then you're wrong."

"You know, you never let myself explain the situation, you're so-"

"So what? Naïve? A coward? A person that just doesn't let you explain what's going on and run away each time?!"

At this moment, I swear I could feel everyone's eyes on us.

"Can we go somewhere else? Let's not cause a scene here."he pleaded.

"She's not going anywhere with you." Neal appeared from behind and grabbed me by the waist.

"Get your hands off of her!" Gab snarled.

"You have no rights over me Gab," I told him before turning to Neal, "I want to go home now."

"Okay, let's go grab our things." He said as he lead me out.

"Joelle, please, I'm begging of you, just listen to me once."

"Not today. Not ever." I said before we left him on the dance floor.

*******

A/N: thanks for reading :)