Chapter 8

The jerk and I?
Chapter 8

Through the first whole period, I could feel Gab's eyes on me. I ran away from him just after he kissed me. Twice. I think I saw hurt flash through his eyes just before that. I still had the feeling of his lips on mine. The way his warmth of his mouth transferred onto my lips. I could still feel the tingles from his touch.

When the bell rang, I quickly grabbed my things and rushed out of the classroom, only to be followed by him.

"Joe! Wait up!" I heard him yell. I turned around quickly and saw that he caught up to me. I pushed myself through people hoping I could escape but I felt a pair of strong hands gripping my shoulders, which made me stop before I could go any further. He turned me around so I faced him.

"Why did you run away?" He asked. I didn't dare to look in his eyes. I was afraid of what was going to happen if I do. People were pushing us, trying to make their way to their next class.

"Common, let's get outta here first." He intertwined our hands together and led me out of the school, into the parking lot. His hands were big, which could perfectly my hand. They were warm, warming up my cold skinny fingers.

What's happening to me? Normally, I would push him away. But right now, I was letting him. Why?

We walked back to the corner from earlier. Probably because no one could see us?

"Joe... Please. Look at me." I didn't dare to look in his eyes. Right now, I didn't feel like myself. Surely, I would be brave and stare into his cool stare but now, never.

He forced me by tilting my chin upward with his warm finger. But still, that didn't stop me from not meeting his glare.

"I thought you liked the kiss... Didn't you?" I could hear the little hint of being rejected in his voice.

"Answer me." He said after seconds of not answering.

"I-it's not like that." I stuttered. What happen to my feisty self?

"Then tell me. Why did you run away?"

"I just... I don't know. It felt weird, and strange, and I... Hate you. Well I think I do. I mean, you are the popular dude in our school and the biggest player and jerk. And me, I am just, well, me. The nerd, the average girl, your ex-best friend," I shrugged, my eyes brimming.

Again, he gripped my shoulders, and leaned in so our eyes were the same height.

"Joelle, I've never thought of you like that. Sure, you're a a nerd, but that's because you're smart, not like the other girls. You're not just an average girl. You're the nicest, prettiest, beautiful girl I've ever met. You're my friend. My best friend. I've always thought you were better than all of those girls. I like the way you smile, how your cheeks become rosy when were inches apart, your eyes, the feeling of your lips against mine. Heck, I like everything about you."

I was shocked, or should I say surprised, from his sudden confession. I never thought he would feel like that. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug. He relaxed his chin on my head, while I closed my eyes and enjoyed the way it felt, his arms wrapped me. It felt weird, but it was enjoyable.

He pulled away and looked at me, this time his stare softening more than ever.

"Don't forget that you are nothing like those girls." He smiled.

--

"Are you ready?" He nodded at me as we both stood up to walk up to the front. Seeing my classmates in front of me made me want to throw up. Yes, I sort of had stage fright... If you can even call a small crowd like that.

"We can do this." He said in a cheer tone. It has been over two weeks since we worked on this project to finally end it today. Yay- note the sarcasm.

"Alright you may start." The teacher told us. And so, gab started talking. And when it was my turn to talk, I had to try not to blurt out everything quickly and shakily.

Ten minutes later, presentation was over and I felt relief washing me over. My cheeks had cooled down and I could even imagine myself being a little red.

"That wasn't so bad." Gab patted my back.

"I-I guess..." I said as I took my spot, with my shoulder tingling from his touch. Over the weeks, he kept coming over on the weekends and I would suddenly feel nervous and that sort of feeling in me. What if I was- No. Impossible.
******************

A/N: enjoy!