chapter 6

The jerk and I
Chapter 6:

I woke up this morning with a headache. I rolled over only to bump into a hard wall. Or should I say, a person. I screamed. Literally making the person fall off the bed in surprise.

"Joelle?!" My parents appeared at the door.

"What's wrong honey?"

"N-nothing. Just... Woke up from a nightmare." I lied.

"Ah.. I see. I'll make us some breakfast so come down in a bit ok?" I nodded. They walked away closing the door.

"Well, morning to you too princess." Gab smirked. He crawled back onto the bed and that was when I realized that he was shirtless.

"Why are you here? And why are you shirtless? Oh my god... Please tell me we...?"

"Eh, you don't remember?" He pouted. I shook my head, trying to remember. I wasn't drunk yesterday. I remember going to the party, the girls leaving me, then Neal got me a drink and Gab taking it but I took it back. I remember playing truth or dare, and being dared to kiss the dude beside me. And then Gab coming and stealing me away. We ended up in the backyard and we started yelling to each other. He apologized, and then he drove me back home but I pleaded him to come inside with me. And we ended up sleeping on my bed. A feeling of relief washed throughout my body.

"Ugh. I have a headache." I groaned.

"What? Really? You must be exaggerating. Cherry vodka is not strong at all, you can't be having a hangover." He chuckled when he saw me I rolling my eyes.

"You should get some Tylenol." He stood up and grabbed his shirt. As he put on his shirt, I noticed his six packs. He smirked when he noticed me eyeing his toned abdomen.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He winked.

I rolled my eyes at his not so funny remark.

He let out a chuckle and said, "I'm going to go." He opened the door, but I quickly ran and shut the door.

"You can't go that way." I whispered.

"How do you want me to leave then?" I looked at the window. His eyes followed my gaze.

"There is no freaking way that I'm going to climb out of that window."

"Well, it's this or me getting caught and killed."

"I like the second choice though." He smirked. Oh that urge to slap the smirk off his face was very strong.

"Joe! Breakfast's ready!" My mom yelled.

"Come on, Gab. Aren't you the biggest player in our school? I'm sure you've done this before."

I pushed him toward the window.

"Joe that's the thing. I've-"

"Joe, what are y- " the door opened, revealing my mom, shock prominent on her face. "What is going on in here?" She looked in between Gab and I. Oh shizzle.

"Mom, I can explain." I said at the same time as gab, who said, "Hello Mrs. Lane"

----------------------

"Okay, explain." My dad ordered. I gulped and looked at Gab. We were currently sitting at the table over breakfast.

"Go on Joelle." Gab said. I looked at him giving him the 'what?!' look.

"Well... Um, so I went to this party. You guys know that already and um..."

"Joe was tired so I brought her home." Gab continued.