Chapter 11

The jerk and I?
Chapter 11

Gab's POV :

I stood where I was while she ran away. What the hell, what just happened? She said she... Liked me. I was happy when she did. My heart kept beating faster the second she pronounced those syllables. But then, why was she crying? When she was, I felt this sharp pain in my chest. I felt like I had to do something. So I did. But she started blurting things. And she mentioned Emilia. Didn't I tell her Emilia was nothing to me?

My fist clenched tighter. I should've said something. I shouldn't have let her go. Not to include that Neal had asked her to semi. I was so furious and pissed. This rough feeling rushing through me, why was I so angry? Perhaps was it to myself?. I had to do something.

The next morning, I waited at her locker but when the bell rang, I knew she wasn't coming. I heavily sighed. I wish I could skip, but I had to write a test to make sure I could still be on the team.

I decided to skip the afternoon classes and head to Joe's house. I had rang the doorbell but no one was answering. Yet. Surprisingly, when it did, Gwen was standing there.

"What are you doing here?" We synchronized.

"I came to cheer up my friend, what about you ?"

"I-I-" I stuttered, making her chuckle.

"I think I know why. Come in, I'll go get her." She walked away and jogged upstairs. I closed the door and settled myself in the living room. I could hear shuffling and other voices up there. Guess their whole gang was there.

After a whole five minute, Gwen, Mer and Shelly came down.

"You can go upstairs..." Shelly announced.

I thanked them and squished myself between them.

"If you ever hurt her, then we'll kill you. Literally." Gwen gave me a murdered look, and the other stared at me like throwing daggers.

"Don't worry. I wouldn't, I'm a gentleman, not a psycho." I gave a nervous chuckle. I heard Mer and Shelly crack their knuckles. Wow, acting tough... I just pretended I was scared and gulped really hard before walking upstairs.

I knocked on her door but she didn't answer, so I let myself go in. There she was, her blanket wrapped around her as she layer there.

"Hi." I said, but it came out more like a whisper.

"Hi. What do you want?"

I took a deep breath before saying anything.

"I don't know why you're mad. You know, I'm the one who should be, you ran away again but this time, you didn't let me say anything. Joe, I've already told you that Emilia is nothing to me. And if I didn't then let me say it again. She is nothing to me, I don't feel anything towards her... Okay maybe she's hot, but I have no feelings for her, like how I do for you. You don't even know how pissed I was when You told me about Neal, inviting you to semi. It pained me to see you were crying. But truth to be told, I was so so so happy that you felt the same way as I did. I think for a long time I've had these feelings for you. not recently, not even when we were paired up, but when we were younger. I guess I was just blind to actually see it. Sure I've had crushes but this thing I feel for you is, beyond my words. And when I see you with Neal, I really wanna beat the shit out of him. Anyways..." I breath in then breath out before saying, " I think... I think our feelings our mutual."(-)

In the middle of my confession, she had turned around. Now, her face was red and her eyes were on the verge of tears. Why is she going to cry? Shouldn't she be happy? Or could it be that... It's that time...

No, I'm sure she's happy about my confession that's why she's tearing up. But why isn't she saying anything? Is she in shock? What if she doesn't feel the same anymore? Wait, I know she isn't someone like that.

"It's too late... I've already accepted his invitation," she murmured.

"What? Just cancel it then."

"I-I can't do that, Neal is my friend you know."

"I swear, this guy is plotting something." I mumbled .

"What?"

"Nothing. But do... Do you still feel the same?" I asked. She blushed and nodded.

"Great, then I think I can do this now."

I sat beside her and started leaning in.

"W-what are you doing?" She asked as our faces were really close.

"Closing the gap between us." I winked, and crashed my lips against hers.

--
A/N: yay! Will they finally be together now? Who knows >:)