Chapter 17

The Jerk and I
Chapter 17:

Gab's POV:

"Gab, it's me. Maddy." As her name rolled out of her tongue I sat up instantly. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"What do you want?"

"We need to talk. Can we meet somewhere?" I thought it was just me, but her voice was kind of shaky and worried.

"Um, sure. I'll meet you at Tim's in fifteen minutes, okay?"

"Okay. See you soon, " and she hung up.

I got out of bed and put on the pair of jeans that was laying on the floor with just a simple V-neck. As I got ready, there was many thoughts that ran inside my brain. What did Maddy want to talk about? Why did she sound so worried? Why, out of all these years, did she call me?

I got into my car and drove to Tim Hortons. Parking my car, I saw her red range rover just a few feet away. I went inside and instantly saw her. Her side of her head faced me as she looked out the window, in daze. I slowly walked up to her.

"Hey," I said. She glanced at me and gave me a sad smile.

"Hi," she said as I sat in front of her.

"What did you want to talk about?"

She took a deep breath, "I'm pregnant."

"W-What?"

"I'm pregnant. The test came out positive. I even went to the clinic to double-check and it was positive."

"B-But it's not mine. We never- I'm still-"

"I know, don't worry. It's not yours." I sighed in relief.

"Then why are you telling me this?"

"I don't know, I guess I just didn't want to tell someone else."

"What about the father of the baby. Isn't it your boyfriend's?"

She froze, then looked down and slowly shook her head. That's when I heard her sob a little.

"I-It's not his. I did it with someone else on winter break, at my friend's cabin. I-I cheated on him and now look, I'm knocked up," she cried.

"Oh, then why don't you tell him."

"Are you kidding me? I don't even know him. He was just at the cabin. I don't even think he goes to my school."

"Well what are you going to do about the baby?" I carefully asked.

"I-I don't know. But for now, I can't let my parents know. They would kill me."

"So how are you going to keep them from knowing?"

"I was thinking that, maybe, you could let me stay over at your house for a day or two. I just need to clear my head. Please?" Her eyes were pleading me, and I knew that I just couldn't reject her.

"Okay."

Joe's POV:

"Wow," he whispered. He was leaned against his desk as I was sitting down on his bottom bunk bed.

"I know."

"Wow, this all happened when I wasn't here? Why does something good like that always happen when I'm not here?" he pouted, crossing his arms.

"Seth, stop joking. This is serious."

"Well what are you going to do?"

"I don't know yet. I'm just not excited for Monday, that's all."

"Well you got more than twenty-four hours to think about it so, good luck," he thumbs up.

"Thanks for the help Seth," I rolled my eyes as sarcasm was spilled all over the words.

"You know I can't help you with it. You're going to take my words for it and then I'll be the one you'll blame because you listened to me."

"I know," I sighed.

"I just have this question."

"Shoot."

"Who do you like?"

"I...I...I..."

"You know what? Never mind about that question. I'll leave you alone, right now. You should probably do some thinking first." he said before leaving his room.

Who did I like? I thought I had made this clear already? It was Gab right? Oh no, was I also falling for Neal?

--

a/n: NEAL OR GAB ??? Two more chapter btw and then an epilogue.