Chapter 14

The jerk and I
Chapter 14:

"You look cold. I have a sweater in the car." We hurried to the car and Neal got out his sweatshirt.

"Thanks," I weakly smiled.

"Yeah, no problem." We got into our seat and he turned on the car.

He started driving. A comfortable silence settled in.

"Where do you want to go?" His eyes were kept on the road.

"Not home, that's for sure."

"Can I take you to somewhere then?"

"Sure, you're the driver anyways."

He chuckled before making a turn on the highway. The lamps started disappearing into the dark only to be reunited a few miles away. I must have been tired because soon my eyes started to get heavy.

"You can sleep, I'll wake you up when we get there." He said, as I yawned.

"No, it's okay, I want to watch the roads with you."

"Really, it's fine. Get some sleep."

I quickly gave up since I was actually getting really tired. So I took his advice, and fell asleep in no time.

I felt the engine turn off, and that's when I woke up. I looked around and realized where we were. The car was parked a few feet away from what looked like the beach. And there in front of us was a lighthouse.

"I never knew there was a lighthouse here." I was amazed and fascinated as I watched the lighthouse's light circled her entire surrounding making the ocean shimmered.

"So did I, until I got lost on my way to here, when I moved."

"Wow, that's so cool."

"Getting lost? Not really," he joked.

"You know what I mean." I laughed.

"I like your laugh."

"My laugh is dorky."

"No it's not. It's nice to hear you laugh after that argument," he said in a calm voice.

"Right. Let's go outside?"

"Aren't you already cold?" He asked with concern. I shook my head and pointed to his sweatshirt I was wearing.

We got out of the car and a windy breeze hit us. We sat on the board of his car.

"It's so beautiful," I whispered.

"Just like you."

I giggled, "you're so cheesy and that's so cliché."

"What can I say? I like being cheesy and cliché" he smiled cheekily making me laugh.

"So remember earlier? You told me there was a reason why you moved here. Can you tell me now?" I asked.

"I don't think it's the right time to say it."

"Awe, please?" I tried saying it in a sweet innocent voice.

"Close your eyes then." I stare at him with a puzzled looking. What was he going to do? I just shrugged and closed my eyes like he demanded. I felt him jumped off the car. I waited for a second, then a minute. What the hell was he actually going to do?

"Can I open my eyes?"

"No.not yet."

"Hurry up then."

Next thing I knew, I felt something warm on my lips. I realized they were his lips. They felt different from gab's. They were a little cold from saying outside and a bit wet. I could taste the drink he had earlier. Gab's lips were warm, and soft. Why was I even comparing his lips to Neal's? I shook the thought out of my head.

He pulled away seconds later and grabbed my hand gazing into my eyes.

"Joelle, I've.. I've always liked you."

"Oh."

"Yeah, that's why I moved here. You don't remember but I remember clearly the day when I told you I would move here and that's when we'll finally be able to, um, officially be together."

"Oh," I said again.

"Yeah."

Please insert an awkward silence here. What am I suppose to say now?

"You don't have to say anything," he interrupted my thought like he knew what I was thinking.

"Neal"

"Please not tonight. You can tell me Monday."

"Okay,"

He sounded hurt or nervous. Either one, his eyes revealed everything. He was afraid of what my answer would be. And I think I already knew what it was.

--
a/n: sorry it's short.