Reunion

Kades POV

"What's your favorite restaurant"? He asks me.

Odd

"It's been a while since I ate at one. The last one I remember liking was Soho''

Pierce gives me a weird look before he continues.

"Do you remember your parents?" he rudely asks me. Tyler gives him a 'you'd better stop' look. I simply push past his insensitive question

"No."

"Are you gay?" He simply asks

I was taken aback at the sudden question. What the hell is this man thinking I wondered.

The last time I answered a question like that it didn't end well, so I lied.

"No". He pauses his attack of questions

"Did you have childhood friends"?

This is when I notice what he's been doing. I'm not sure why it took me so long but I stopped answering him.

"I think that's enough" Tyler chimes in, noticing my discomfort. "Go to your room Pierce".

He gets up calmly and walks up the stairs like he accomplished something.

"I'm sorry about them and the way they've been acting towards you. I'm not sure what's gotten into them".

I shrug at his apology. "It's okay." I simply say and they all move on. While I silently make myself uncomfortable with my thoughts. They are such assholes now. Back then they were kind. Selfless, and a whole bunch of other things but none of what I would have described them would have been bad. I wonder what happened. I frown

I eat a little and go back up the stairs before everyone. I take slow steps up the stairs not wanting to conversate with my roommates. I get to the door and hear light talking. I was going to knock before I came in until I heard "it may be him" and "was a homophobe". I get closer to listen more but my foot hits a creaky floorboard. Stupid floorboard, curse you.

They quickly descend into low whispers and then I hear "are you gonna come in or keep listening in". I stumble back at the acknowledgement of me peeping on them. I slowly open the door to be met with them on the same bed, talking. I really wished they were asleep. I walk to my bed and sit under the covers. I watch them curl up together watching some show on their tv. I wish I could do that with them. I wish we could all go back to normal and have a happy reunion. I really wish they didn't hate me. I wish I could be close with them again. I shake those thoughts away as I start to get an uncomfortable feeling. The urge to scream, the urge to cry, the urge to hurt. I twist and turn around, trying to get rid of the damn feeling but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I twist and turn everywhere to get comfortable but nothing helps.

One of them seems to notice my agony and asks if I'm okay. I don't bother turning around when I feel tears start to prick my eyes. "Im okay" Im okay, Im okay. I say in my head trying to convince myself. I started to scratch my leg to distract myself but it just caused more unwanted pain. I sit up quickly and head to the bathroom. I hear one of them yell after me but right now I don't care and am definitely not in the mood. I slam the bathroom door shut and sit on the toilet, curled up in a ball. Im okay, im okay, im okay I repeat in my head. More tears start to prick my eyes. More starts to come, then more. I let out low sobs.

I can't have that feeling of freedom that I long for. I can't have those feelings for them anymore. My frown deepens. And that urge deepens. My mood deepens. I can't go back to my old habits. That's what got her hurt. I pinch my arm lightly to get myself to snap out of it. "1.2.3.4.5.6-". I count lightly as my breathing slows.