Regret

KADE POV

My feet fly home in a panic. There's no way that just happened.

What is happening to my life.

Benny kissed me..?
And I slapped him for it

Because I'm "not gay"

My body walks faster to get home than it was before.

Before I know it

I'm running

The familiar feeling of calm washes over me as the cold air flows through my hair. All I can hear is the rush of wind. I close my eyes and let my feet take me home.
I breathe
I breathe again
And suddenly

The air feels different.
It feels dark.
It feels suffocating
It feels dangerous.

I look back and see that I'm in a ran down neighborhood and it looks familiar. Like I've been to a place like this before

That's because I have

And my guts never wrong and right now it's telling me to run for a whole different reason.

My feet pick up. All I can hear is the pounding of my chest. No more wind in my ears.

Just my heartbeat.
Pounding
Racing
Screaming

My face beats red and my lungs ache.

My day has been shit so far.

My feet takes me far. To a familiar suburban neighborhood. Back to the boys home. My feet still doesn't stop. Not until they know we're safe. Not until I know we're safe.
I run towards the house. My heart begging me to breathe. My lungs begging me to grab air. My feet begging me to slow down.

And I do.

But only when I launch the door that leads to the living room open

I pant
I gasp for air.
I bend over, my hands grasping my knees as I lurch for air.

"What the hell?"
My eyes widen and i look up, realizing everyone is here, huddled up like they were in a meeting.

"What happened to you?"

I don't answer. My face is red and I'm still huffing and puffing like I want to blow someone's house down.

"Did you get chased?" They keep the interrogation going as if I can answer.

Ive never had asthma but right now i'm breathing like a madman.
"Water" i choke out and the next thing i know a pair of feet disappear and reappear like a magician

"Here"

I take the glass and down it in one gulp. I can breathe now at least.

I stand up properly to watch everyone staring at me and  I immediately look back down specifically trying to avoid a certain pair of eyes.
"Im fine now. Thank you" i say staring at the floor, ready to take off torward my room.

"Not so fast. My office. Now."
I inwardly cringe at the demanding voice. This is gonna be a long day.

I sit awkwardly in the chair in his office across from his desk. The chair practically engulfs me which right about now i wouldnt mind it doing.

Someone get me out of this situation i beg desperately in my head

"So." Tyler says

"Sooooo...." I say copying him,looking anywhere but his eyes.

There's really nice carpet in this room

"Would you want to tell me what that was about?"

"What what was about?" I frown confused and he looks at me dumbfounded