Who Is Kai?

Kade's POV

I hear footsteps coming towards the room and I stiffen and check the time.

4:37

Shit

I jump off the top bunk and grab a new pair of clothes and shower stuff and sprint to the bathroom.

The door of the room opens right as I open the bathroom door.

"Hey kad-"

SLAM

I quickly close the door and put my body weight on it just in case he tries to open the door.

My heart is racing.

What would i have done if they found me like that

Panting
Sweat dripping down my face
A wet stain on my gray sweatpants

Fuck. They would hate me if they knew...

I get up from my pity party and get in the shower and change. By the time I come out, my bed is made and nobody is in the room.

Did they straighten up my bed?
What the hell

Guilt starts to chew at my insides. What if they saw something on my bed...

I chew on my bottom lip as I climb into the bed..

I grab my phone and check my notifications

None

My lips tighten. What if Benny hates me now?

To distract myself I go to finish the drawing from earlier

I don't know if it was because I was all hot and bothered but now I'm actually able to focus.

I stay there with my headphones in, drawing a cyber robotic character. It's kinda boring and different from what i usually do but i thought it would be good to try a challenge.

Tyler POV

The doorbell rings. I was expecting her to come quickly but not this quickly. I rush to open the door and sit them in the living room.
I sigh remembering the phone call

I'm on the phone with a social worker that's begging me to take in a girl. I find it odd that they call a boy's home rather than anyone else.

"Why can't you take her anywhere else? A boys home of all places? Plus you know I don't do kids under the age of 10"
There's a sigh on the other end of the line.

"Well for one she keeps getting kicked out of any place she goes to. She keeps throwing tantrums and hitting other kids. I feel like we've been everywhere we can go with her. Can you please take her in? I'm running out of options here." She pleads

I let out a sigh and joke
" I can see that if you're calling me.... We can keep her but only till she has another home to go to."

"Oh you're such an angel!! Thank you thank you"

"No problem Janice. Anytime"

I sigh and hang up

"Everyone, we have a new member!" I yell for everyone to come down. It's a procedure that everyone comes down and meets our new person when we get one. A pitter patter of footsteps comes down.
First comes six looking extremely agitated and confused

Next is Cameron telling me that Pierce will be down soon.

After Cameron comes Remy with a groggy looking Pierce.

The last we are waiting on is Kade...

We wait a few minutes before I decide we should start without him.

"So everyone... i know this is going to come as a surprise but say hi to our newest member" i say while pointing to the cute little girl hiding behind her social worker, Janice.

The little girl is biting on her thumb like she's nervous still seeking protection behind Janice

"A little girl? But i thought-"

"We've made an exception for her. She pretty much has no where else to go" I whisper to the confused Cameron. Now that I look at everyone, they all look confused.

"She has come a long way. I hope you guys will take care of her. I really want to thank you for taking her in" Janice says while standing up and shaking my hand.

Remy looks at the hiding girl in adoration. I don't blame him. She's adorable.

Janice was on her way out the door before the girl grabs her hand and says

"Where are you going? Please don't leave" she says with big, almost teary, eyes.

"Ariel, I have to go. I'm sorry. I promise I will come visit" she says, making Ariel smile.
She walks out the door and leaves the child with us.

"Hey little girl whats your name" Pierce says in a baby voice, trying not to scare the girl.

"Ari- Ariel" she says shrinking back into herself.

Remy pipes up, practically having sparkles in his eyes

"Like the mermaid?!" He says in a surprised child-like voice and Ariel nods her head shyly

"Aww shes so cute" someone coo's

Pierce hold out his hand for her to shake and says
"C'mon let me show you to your room"
Her room would be on the end of the hallway. Its the only vacant room left with nobody in it.
Expecting her to grab his hand, he inches closer to her with his hand still out
She doesn't grab his hand though. Instead she backs away.
"Oh come on dont be shy" Pierce says getting closer to her
"When we get to your room we can play if you want" Cam says and she backs herself into the couch with her arms folded over her chest shaking her head 'no'

Pierce goes to pick her up anyways but then

I get a gut feeling and suddenly remember something she said in the phone call

"Tantrums"

Before he can get too close to her she starts screaming and crying loudly.

Yelling at us not to touch her. We all look at each other not knowing what to do

Pierce picks her up in attempt to calm her but it does the opposite. She starts to squirm and cry and kick out of his hands. Trying to get him to put her down. He finally puts her down and she starts to calm a little more. I try to grab her arm in attempt to de-escalate the situation but the screaming picks back up. I let her go and Cam grabs her rougly and tries to make her be quiet.

"What is going on?" A voice comes from the kitchen and we all turn to see Kade

"Ari?" Comes his small voice from the doorway of the living room
"Ari what the-" Kade comes stomping in at a loss for words. We all stare at him like he's crazy. Does he know her?

Kades eyes go dark, his eyes darting back and forth between the girl and the man holding her. Looking like he wants to kill.

"Let her go" kade says darkly

"Dont fucking tell me what to d-"

"LET HER GO. RIGHT. NOW. CAMERON" Kade says through panicked gritted teeth practically stomping his way to Cameron.

He quickly lets her go and she calms down a little but she's still crying.

"Ari" he says softly, everyone is staring at him sharply. If he makes her cry again we will all have a headache.
Im guessing someone is thinking the same thing as me because they try to stop and warn him
"Wai-"

"Kai?" She says looking up at Kade with teary eyes. We all look at Kade, confused.

Who is Kai?

—————
For the last chapter called "update":

I did in fact post the chapter but got lots of feedback about it so i deleted it and rewrote it! Hope you enjoy!