Chapter 4: Golden

***Hey, guys! Quick note: I DID NOT WRITE THIS CHAPTER. My friend Jillian (Zombie_Beheader) wrote it for me :) She's amazing and you should go check out her book "We Are One" it's creepy, because our books are pretty similar... but yeah. *claps forJill* I literally only edited like 3 words haha. Enjoy***

 *Hiccup*

 I twiddled my thumbs, staring at the Amber flames that flickered and crackled in the fireplace. I couldn't break my gaze away from the flames...and I didn't really want to.

 I was sitting at a table at the great hall, doing nothing. I was meant to be figuring out a plan, but I had nothing. I wouldn't admit it though, because Blaze was not in a good mood.

 Anger, fire, and a Hiccup do not mix.

 But I was worried sick about Emma.

 I hurt her. I really did. She admitted her love to me and I rejected her. I really cared about her, but I didn't  want to be in a relationship with her like that. She deserved someone better than me though. I wanted her to find someone that will be right for her.

 I watched the flames again, staring at the way they glowed, and the way they danced. The flames almost looked gold...

 "Hiccup?"

 I turned to see Astrid behind me, her eyebrow raised in concern.

 I softly smiled. "Hey Astrid."

 "You thought of a plan yet?" she asked.

 I shook my head.

 She sat down next to me, rubbing my back. "You okay?

 I drew out a deep breath. "Yeah...I'm just worried. I don't want—Gah!"

 My arms started to burn, like they were on fire, and I fell off my chair in surprise. Astrid quickly rushed to help me up, and I bit my tongue to stop myself from hissing from the pain.

 "Oh gods...you alright Hiccup?" she asked as she stood me up.

 The burning was now bearable, but it was annoying as Hel.

 My mind quickly went to Emma. Was she being burnt? Was she being hurt? What was Drago doing to her?

 "—listening Hiccup?"

 I snapped my head back up, and I stared into Astrid's deep blue eyes that seemed to glow in the dim light of the hall.

 The pain...it wasn't from Emma. Somehow I could just tell. Whatever is happening...is happening only to me.

 "—-ICCUP!"

 I snapped my head back up to Astrid, and she raised an eyebrow.