Chapter 7: A Blinded Heart

Emma:

I sat on a rock facing the water in the cove. I stared at the beautiful substance with hatred and scooted away from the water. I like to look at it. Not fall in it.

A waterfall ran down a cliff-side with a constant bubbling rhythm and a gentle roar at the bottom. I felt someone's presence and turned around to see a familiar little boy with blonde hair.

"Emma, you're back!" He shouted running up and sitting down next to me.

"Hi, Crimson!" I stared fondly at the little boy.

"Emma, guess what?"

"What?"

"I turned NINE while you were gone!" I smiled again.

"Wow, you're so old!" I tickled the little boy's stomach and he giggled in response.

"Why is you're hair a different color? And where are the purple swirls?" He lifted up my arm.

"Oh—I... my powers are gone, Crimson."

"How are they gone?"

"They're trapped inside a necklace with a purple and black gem. I can't use my powers unless I wear the Lightening Stone." I tried to explain in a way he could understand.

"Oh... I'll go find it for you!"

"Crimson wai—" Before I knew it he dashed out of sight.

I felt that someone else was there. I just... knew. Without turning around, I spoke. "Daniel." I heard silence before Daniel appeared and sat down beside me.

"Emma.. I—"

"Save it!" I said without looking at him.

"Emma, I'm sor—" I turned and thrust my hand toward him. He flinched in surprise but my powers didn't do anything like I automatically expected them to. "—ry. Sorry. As I was saying before you tried to use your powers that no longer exist." I furrowed my brow and glared at him.

"I don't need powers to do this." I stood up and pushed his shoulders, flinging him against a tree. I raised a hand to punch him, but he caught my wrist. I swung my free hand at a different angle, but he caught that one too. I kicked the back of his knee, and his leg buckled, him falling to the ground and taking me with him. He landed on me, pinning my wrists on each side of my head. I kneed his side and flipped over with me on top. He flipped me over again and I let myself rest for a minute.

"Are you done yet?" He smirked.

"Nope." I threw him off of me with hidden strength and stood up, putting a foot on his chest. "I win." I shrieked as he grabbed my ankle and pulled me down next to him.

"It's a tie." We both rolled on our sides to look at each other before erupting in giggles. After a minute, my smile faded. We sat up.

"Why didn't you tell me you were Drago's son, Danny?"

He sighed. "I was... I was scared... that—"

"DANNY, LOOKOUT!" I shoved him to the ground as a black dragon swooped over our heads. It roared and disappeared before I could tell what it was.

Daniel sat up and looked at me. "Emma, are you okay?" He reached out his hand to help me up and I accepted it, standing to my feet.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Did you see what kind of dragon that was?" I didn't look at him, but I sensed he was shaking his head. 

"I'd better go before your brother finds me breathing the same air as you and decides to kill me..." He joked with a smirk. I giggled.

"Ok, see ya." I waved. I watched Daniel walk in the direction of the village.