Chapter 8: My Best Friend

A/N: Hahahaha guys, guess what, so I was reading a chapter from book one and Emma said "Why are you in my forest?" And Camber said, "Well gee, I don't seem to remember seeing your name on it anywhere!" which is almost the exact conversation she just had with Jayden... Woooops... total accident, sry guys hehe... Read on.. o.o

He's my best friend.

I never thought I would have a best friend.

I thought back to the day before...

*Flashback to the day before:*

"Hiccup, can I open my eyes yet??" I groaned. Hiccups hands covered my eyes as he lead me along blindly.

Now I knew how Jayden felt.

Jayden. Where was he anyways?

I hadn't seen him for a few days.

"Nope. Keep 'em closed." I couldn't see Hiccup, but I imagined him smirking. I squeaked as my toe jammed into a root and I almost tripped forward, but Hiccup somehow caught me, still managing to keep my eyes covered.

I mentally glared at Hiccup and groaned.

"Ha ha... Uh... Sorry?" 

"Oden help me...If I had my powers right now..." I teased, shaking my fist in the air for emphasis.

Hiccup chuckled and kept steering me. "My gods, Hiccup, are we there yet?"

"Nope."

"Ugh, Hiccuppppp." 

"Allllmmooossstttt ttthhheeerrreee......"

"Hiccup."

Hiccup laughed again in such a way that made me smile. "Okay, okay, you can open your eyes now." He removed his hands from my eyes and I opened them, looking at what was infront of me. I gasped as I stared at colors that swirled and danced in the sky. Purple, green and blue spiraled in a wave like pattern. Arvindal's Fire, or as some call it, the Northern Lights.

"Hiccup... it's beautiful. I've never seen it this close before." I sat down on the ground and Hiccup sat next to me. Fireflies appeared blinking their yellow lights, and joining the midnight dance. 

Hiccup lay down in the grass, and I lay down beside him, my head on his chest. I felt... different. Like, I loved him... but not the same way as before. He felt like a friend. A good friend.

"...Hiccup?"

"Yeah?" 

"I like being just... friends. You're a great friend."

"You're a great friend too, Emma. You're... you're my best friend..." I smiled and I felt warm. Butterflies exploded in my stomach. I had a real friend.

A raindrop slashed onto my forehead, and for once, I knew it wasn't because of my powers. I shrieked and sat up laughing when the rain pattered harder, drumming on out bodies. Hiccup began laughing too, and he sat up also as the rain became a steady flow. He stood up and grabbed me by my waist. I screamed and began giggling as he swirled me around in the rain. 

"Hiccup, put me down! Put me down!" I laughed. He put me on my feet, and reached down and scooped up a handful of mud and threw it at my side. My mouth dropped and I laughed some more.

"Oh my gods! You did not just do that!" I errupted in giggles.

Hiccup kept laughing as he scooped up another handful and threw it at my arm. "Yes, I did!" I squeaked as the mud splattered on my arm.

"That's it, you're gonna get it!" I scooped up some mud and held it up as Hiccup laughed and ran away from me. "Come back here!" I laughed, chasing him. I threw it at his back.

"Hey!" He grabbed some more mud and pitched it at me. I shrieked and ducked as it soared over my head.

I grabbed some more and packed it into a tight ball and threw it at Hiccup. He jumped over it. "Whoa, look who's gaining skills!" I teased ducking as he threw another clump of dirt at me. The rain soaked through our clothes and my hair was plastered to my face and back. We ran around and sloshed through the puddles until we ran out of energy and ran for shelter under a cave. I leaned against the stone wall and Hiccup lit a fire. He sat down next to me as we watched the amber glow.

"Hiccup?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

He turned to face me. "For what?"

"Being my best friend." I smiled brightly. Hiccup smiled, but his smile dropped and he looked shaky.

"Emma... I'm sorry I left you... with Drago. I didn't want-- I didn't mean--"

"Hiccup, it's okay. You had to leave. I understand." I wrapped my arms around Hiccup in a hug. I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks for being my best friend too." He replied.

I smiled as I let go of the hug. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "Always."

*Short chapter, im sooooo sorry, dont eat me! o.o   Thanks to Zombie_Beheader for inspiration of this chapter. :)*