37: My Fault

*Hey guys! So this chapter is going to be long and intense! Please comment and let me know what you think. You rock, my Darkstalkers!*

Emma:

I sat on a boulder in the woods, staring at the crown in my hands. I almost let everyone down: my entire village, my friends...everyone. 

"Hey." I looked up to see Daniel. He sat next to me, his golden hair sparkling in the beams of retreating sunlight that curled through the leaves. It was nearly dark, the sun slowly sinking below the horizon and being swallowed up by hues of blue and indigo.

"Hey," I replied with a slight frown. He looked into my eyes, his powerful gaze forcing me to look into his brown orbs. 

"We beat them, what's wrong?"

"We almost didn't..." I muttered.

"But we did." Danny smiled, making a small smile form on my lips too. He cupped my chin in his hand and placed a soft kiss on my lips. "Emma... I'm going to tell you something, and you're not going to like it... If you let me explain, I swear I'll make it up to you... Okay?" Daniel pulled away, looking nervous.

"...Okay," I nodded. "What is it?"

Daniel reached into his pocket, hesitating, before pulling out something wrapped in cloth. He slowly unwrapped it and my heart nearly stopped when I saw it. The purple jewel glowed, little sparks of black lightening swirling inside it.

"Danny...is that..."

"Yes. This is the 'Lightening Stone'. It's the stone that can take your powers away, or control you..." Daniel shivered. "I never used it, I swear. Just let me explain, I'll tell you everything." He took my hand.

Daniel then told me everything. He told me that Drago lied to him and convinced him to kill me when we first met. He told me how he found the stone and the more he fell in love with me the more he wanted to give it back, he just didn't know how.

When he finished, I didn't talk, staring at the ground.

 He put the stone in my palm, the sky immediately cracking with lightening. The stone glowed brightly for a few seconds, the markings on my arm turning slightly darker. I felt power surge through me. "Emma... Say something, please..." He squeezed my hand.

Finally, I looked up at him. I hit him in the chest, but he barely reacted. Then, I hugged him tightly. "I trust you with my life." I said softly into his shoulder. "And I believe you. I love you, Danny."

Daniel opened his mouth to reply, but stopped. "Ezra." I pulled away from Danny and turned around, seeing Ezra behind us.

"I escaped, no thanks to you." Ezra hissed.

"What did you expect us to do? Go, 'Oh look, it's Ezra, the guy who endlessly torments us, let's save him!'" I retorted.

"I was powerless, and you didn't even try to help me!" He yelled, stepping toward us.

"Why would we?" Daniel answered for me.

"I helped you all escape last time when I didn't have too, you stole my map, and left me!" Ezra growled.

"Hah! Your map! To my  island? You just wanted that map so I didn't!" I stood up, becoming more angry. "You've done nothing but ruin my life since I met you, Ezra! Find literally anything else to do with your life!"

Ezra roared in anger, slapping me across the cheek. I lifted my hand to my cheek. Daniel shot an arrow at Ezra in anger, but Ezra easily deflected it.

I threw an energy beam at Ezra, and he formed his own, my purple colliding with his red and it reflected off of his, blasting toward me.

"Emma!" I heard a voice yell, and I was shoved to the ground. I heard and explosion, and I looked up, taking a second to gather what had just happened.