Chapter 20: All Hands On Deck

***This is not finished, I just wanted to give you a preview. I'm going on vacation soon, so idk if I can finish this before then or not. And my writing skills were terrible when I was writing this, it is not descriptive at all and sounds really bland... It's like midnight, so bear with me XP***

I woke up with a start. My eyes snapped open and I sat up. I looked around to see what had woken me. 

My gaze paused on a large ship sailing toward us.

But not just any ship.

Drago's ship.

I jumped up only to fall back down, crying out as pain spiked in my leg. Arrows flew past me and lodged themselves into the ship's floorboards.

"Emma, get down!" Daniel picked me up bridal-style and set me on the floor by the edge wall so the arrows weren't likely to hit me. 

He then whipped out his bow and golden arrows and shot about five in a row at the ship, before ducking as a handful of arrows were fired back.

"Where's Blaze?!"

"He's below deck getting me more arrows." Daniel explained, holding the bow up and shooting. A moment later, I heard someone cry out from Drago's ship, and I smiled realizing that Daniel had hit them from all the way over here.

Daniel shot about four more arrows before reaching back for more, and only grabbing empty air. He groaned in frustration. "Blaze, hurry up!" He turned his head and yelled in the direction of the trap door. 

I peaked my head up and saw a man aiming his crossbow at Daniel, who wasn't looking in his direction. I heard the trigger click and I held up my hand, putting a forcefield infront of Daniel, just as the arrow collided with it. The arrow turned black and crumbled into dust.

"Thanks." Danny flashed a smile at me. I smiled back.

Daniel's smile disappeared as he stared at the ship. I poked my head up again and saw that they were loading the cannons. "Blaze, get up here, hurry!" He screamed.

I jumped as a cannon went off. It landed in the water next to us, waves violently throwing our ship back and forth. I grabbed onto the railing to keep from falling over. Another cannon went off and before I knew what was happening, it went straight through the center of the boat.

Panic filled in my stomach as the water hissed, pouring into the hole. "Blaze!" I shouted.

He was still below deck.

The water would fill up down there the quickest, and water burns him!

"I'll go get him!" Daniel sprinted toward the trap door.

"Danny wait!"

"I'll be fine!" 

He disappeared below deck. I started hyperventilating as the ship started tilting from the weight of the water. Slowly, it tilted further and I struggled to hold on to the railing.

I screamed as my grip slipped and I slid across the deck and rammed into the other end of the boat. I heard a boom and a crack as another cannon ball crashed through the deck, this time on the other side, causing the boat to lurch, making me slide across the floor again. 

I heard a click and a rope with two rocks on either end was flung across my wrists, tying my hands together. I heard another boom and I was thrown into the water, a scream escaping my lips before I was hurled into the icy depths.

I was momentarily stunned from the cold. I kicked my legs and tried to swim to the surface, but my hands were tied together, making it even more difficult. I opened my eyes and I could see the sunlight filtering through the water. I started sinking and I struggled aggressively, but it was as if the ocean had hands that only dragged me down.

I kicked my legs desperately. I needed to breathe. My head broke the surface and I gasped for air. I shrieked as  wave crashed over my head, sending water up my nose and down my throat. My head surfaced again and I coughed out some water. "Daniel!" I croaked.

"I'm coming, Emma, hold on!" I heard Danny shout back. A wave dragged me under again, and tossed me into a somersault, making me choke on water.

I managed to break the surface again and I looked around. I grabbed a block of wood that was floating next to me, and I struggled to hold on with my wrists tied together. I coughed out the water that clogged my lungs.

I saw Daniel stand up by the railing, his eyes searching the water for me. An arrow was shot at him, but he leaned back away from it, causing him to topple over into the water, his head hitting the edge on the way down.

"DANNY!" I screamed, seeing his motionless body barely floating in the water far away from me.

"WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING?" I heard Drago scream. "Get in the water and save my son! IF HE DROWNS I WILL DROWN ALL OF YOU!"

Several guards dove into the water swimming towards Daniel. I held my breath as two guards grabbed him and began dragging him toward Drago's ship.