Chapter 16: Tyra

"Daniel, are you sure you're okay?" I asked desperately, still crouched down beside him.

He smiled. "I'm fine. Really." He leaned in and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. I smiled brightly and helped him up, nearly falling in the process.

"Gods, my leg hurts!" I said, putting my hand on Danny's shoulder for support.

He chuckled. "Well, yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to walk on a broken leg, Emma."

I giggled. "Not that I've been given much choice lately." I smiled, staring into his brown eyes. "We should probably...not tell Blaze what just happened. He will definitely blame you."

"Blame me for almost dying?? That seems low, even for Blaze." He laughed.

I laughed back. We started walking in some random direction, hand in hand. "Hey, Blaze might seem mean, but he means well. He's really a great guy: he's just scared to lose me again. I keep trying to be angry at him for that...but I really can't anymore. He just wants to protect me."

"I get it." Daniel squeezed my hand, grinning. He subconsciously. ran a hand through his golden hair

"Oh, guess what?" I turned to face him. "I used a bow yesterday and shot a Berzerker in the leg with it."

Daniel errupted in laughter. "Well, that's one thing it's good for, I suppose."

It was just then that I realized that the sun was rising to the middle of the sky, illuminating the sky with an amber glow. Had we been out here all night?

"We should probably go tell my brother that we didn't die." I smirked.

"Shh, did you hear that?" Daniel whispered.

As soon as he said that, I heard a mens' voices from far away. I grabbed his wrist and led him to where I had heard the sound. It was definitely Dagur's voice. And...a woman's voice.

"Tell me where Drago Bludvist is, or I will kill your precious guard." The woman's voice growled. I peaked my head through the pushes to see a girl probably about two years younger than Blaze with dark blonde hair in a french braid and light brown eyes. I looked beside her to where she held a sharp axe against the throat of the young guard I had been fighting earlier.

Dagur laughed like a maniac. "You think I care about him? Go ahead and kill him." I couldn't help but glare and shake my head.

"I know he's a Berserker...but that's just sick of Dagur to just betray him like that. We should help." Daniel spoke, and I smiled. It was as if he had read my mind.

The woman raised her axe and was about to swing it. "HEY!" I jumped as Daniel yelled from beside me. She looked up and met his gaze. "I know where Drago is." She took a step towards us, looking angry.

"Um, whaaat exactly are you doing?" I asked Daniel.

He shrugged. "I make it up as I go along." He smirked.

"Oh." I shrugged, smirking back. "Comforting."

"Where is he?" The woman demanded.

"Why exactly do you want to find him?" Daniel called, casually stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"He wiped out my entire village. He must pay."

"Oh, well in that case, I think I'll just keep my information to myself." He smiled smugly. I grinned and shook my head. How was he so smooth during all this? It was pretty amusing.

Berserkers were gathering along to watch, but not getting too close. The woman turned toward the villagers. She lunged forward and grabbed a young girl's hand and dragged her over. She looked about five. The little girl squeaked and squirmed.