Chapter 17 (Part Two):

(PART TWO)

Emma:

The sky was made of sapphires, and the clouds made of diamonds. It had been a few days. I wondered what Hiccup and the gang were doing...

Hiccup:

I paced around the arena. It had been about three days since the last time anyone saw Emma, Blaze, or Daniel, and I was getting worried.

"We've already checked all the islands south of Dragons' Edge, and no sign of them." Astrid reported, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

My dragon bolted into the arena and knocked me over. "Toothless? What's wrong, Bud?" Toothless picked me up by my good foot and flung me onto his back. He leapt into the air before I even had time to grab on! "Whoa!" I pulled the lever that locked up his tail with my hand and tried to hold on. I struggled against the wind to get up into the saddle and unlock his tail, adjusting my foot in the stirrup.

"Toothless, where are we going, Bud?" I asked, slightly out of breath. Toothless warbled excitedly before landing a few hundred feet from the Great Hall.

"What is it?" I asked my distressed dragon. I dismounted and looked around. Toothless bounded over to a set of Night Fury prints. 

"Those are just yours, Bud." I knealt down and looked at them more closely. They looked slightly narrower than Toothless's prints usually do... I took a few steps forward and spotted some scales. I picked one up and examined it. It shimmered purple in the sunlight. Not the usual raven color that Toothless has either.

y gaze wandered a few feet forward where there were more night fury prints, and in front of them, some clearly human prints. The footprints were smaller and narrower than my own. Then another foot forward, revealed scuffmarks and indentations in the dirt as if someone was struggling. Soon, both prints disappeared.

Like I said...the prints were smaller and narrower than mine, which isn't common at all... They had to be Emma's!

She was taken by another Night Fury.

"Oh...my gods..." I breathed, speechless. I grabbed a few sections of my hair andtugged on them absently. "Toothless, there's another Night Dury out there!" I put my hands on the sides of his face and stroked him soothingly.

"Yes!" I pumped a fist in the air. "I can't believe it, Buddy, this is amazing!" Toothless gave me a gummy smile and began prancing around, making me laugh.

"But the other night fury...could be dangerous..." I reasoned. "I mean, if I think back to how crazy you were when I met--Ow!" Toothless wacked me over the head with his tail. "What?! You were." I murmured.

"But we have to keep looking. I'm not giving up."