Chapter 26: I'll Never Forget to Remember

"Tyra, where did you last see Emma and the others?" I asked.

"I can show you..." She replied, observing us very carefully. It was evident that she still wasn't sure if she could trust us, but that's understandable. She's not used to seeing a bunch of vikings at peace with dragons, let alone riding them.

"Great." Snotlout beamed, placing himself between Tyra and I. "You can ride with me, babe." He put his arm over Tyra's shoulder, which she promptly grabbed and twisted it backwards, causing Snotloud to shriek and stumble back. "Not ready to move forward in our relationship, t-that's cool... No-no worries." He said sounding scared.

"Ugh. Can we just go already?" Astrid folded her arms across her chest.

Out of nowhere, the night fury reared up and roared, before darting away and disappearing. Where did it go?

***

"Emma?"

"Danny..." I replied calmly, my hand slightly out infront of me incase I had to use my powers. Drago Bludvist eyed me cautiously, looking completely furious yet calm at the same time. It was unsettling how he could stirr two opposite emotions together so blatantly on his face.

"Emma... T-Tyra... you remember that girl Tyra, right?" Daniel's face turned white, and he was shaking.

"Yes..." I replied, cautiously taking a step toward the pair.

"She's... I think she's my... sister..."

"Of course she's your sister, how could you forget her?!" Drago burst lunging toward his son. I quickly placed myself in front of Daniel, holding my hand up as a warning.

A memory played in my mind... "You might as well forget about everything you wished to achieve, or I can make you forget..." (A/N: This was from the end of chapter 15, if you were wondering)

"It's Ezra..." I mumbled. "You didn't choose to forget her, he made you forget..."

Daniel looked frustrated. He was trying so hard to remember what has already been erased from his mind. "But... I just dreamt of her... How did I dream about her if I have no memory of her?"

"The past always finds a way to leak through..."

I gasped and clutched my head, my satchel sliding to the floor. A vision played through my mind once more, quaking my my head with immense force.

"Darkskies, stop!" the mystery girl ordered her dragon, authority pouring into every word she spoke. Her face was anything but playful like it was back on Drago's ship. She was dead serious and the anger in her face made me flinch.

A gasp escaped my lips. A blast of something powerful hit me, making me fall to the ground. I hit my head in the process, but that was the least of concerns. I sensed power radiating from her. She was powerful, probably more powerful than me.

The dragon stopped landing to the ground with a thud. For the first time since I've met the dragon he looked ashamed of himself. His eyes dilated, no longer slits. He warbled softly, walking to the girl who gave him a stern look. From my perspective it looked like they were having a conversation.

"Sorry, about Darkskies. He is very protective and wary of strangers," the girl apologized sheepishly, giving me a kind smile.

I returned the gesture with a smile of my own. "It's okay. I understand his wariness."

"Thank you for saving me."

"No problem. I couldn't just leave you there."

"You left my brother," I remembered. The sad look in Blaze's eyes was still imprinted in my mind.