Chapter 5

3rd Person
The group of vampires stiffened upon hearing their rulers approaching. Edward and Alice shared discrete looks of worry when the volturi finally emerged from the stronghold of the trees.

"Ah, what is it that I was summoned here for again?" Aro broke the silence that had fallen upon them. Jayda turned to her soon to be brother-in-law and smiled.
"Edward here wanted to report me to you guys as, and I quote, 'a mate stealer'."

Both Jane and Alec side eyed one another as they did their best to hold in their laughter. They couldn't believe the ignorance of the Cullen.
"A mate stealer " Aro mocked looking at Edward with a raised brow. "And why ever would you classify Ms. Kennedy here as a mate stealer Edward Cullen?" Albeit not as obvious, Aro too was holding back his amusement at the phrase.

"Well, she came out of no where and claimed Jasper, my brother, as her mate. In reality though, we all know that Alice and Jasper are true mates. I have no way of knowing her motives but she sure as hell is working to destroy our family." Edward explained while sending malicious glares towards Jayda.
"Hold up, who's we? I actually believe Jayda so count me out man," Emmett added. Rosalie agreed with her mate whether willingly or because she could in no way disagree with him. Aro spared the burly vampire a glance before turning his attention back to the subject.

"Now, Edward, what proof do you have that Alice is really Jasper's mate? I know much about Jayda Kennedy's past and I would say her story adds up one hundred percent so do explain."Aro urged. Edward could do nothing but stare dumbfounded as he tried to formulate a legitimate excuse as to why Alice, his mate, was actually supposed to be Jasper's mate.

"I-well- you see-" The copper haired vampire stumbled over his words and to say the sight was pathetic was an understatement. Aro sighed and turned to Jayda,
"I apologize on behalf of Edward Cullen Ms. Kennedy. It seems this whole charade is a misunderstanding and he obviously has his facts wrong. I wish you and your mate a happy eternity." He then turns to the Cullens, "Nice to see you again Carlisle. Farewell Cullens." And with that the guard is gone.

"See Eddie." Jayda taunts when the volturi are out of hearing range. "Know your facts before you decide to question me. Kay?" She gave him her signature closed eye smile that could send shivers down anyone's spine. Edward groaned and sped away, Alice hot on his trail.

"C'mon Major." Jayda said grabbing her mate's hand. Jayda brought him to her home and straight up to her room. It seemed as if Marcia was out, maybe buying groceries as the house was real quiet. Upon entering Jayda's room, the girl sat her mate down on her bed and straddled his lap. She knew she was due a punishment but she hoped to stall whatever was about to come.

Jasper observed the room he was currently occupying and smiled softly, it was so cute how her room reflected her exact personality. He was meant to give her a punishment for her cursing but right now he just wanted to spend time with his love.
"Let's cuddle, princess. I wont punish you because I know you're a good girl and you know exactly what you did wrong and you won't make that mistake often. Right?" The submissive nodded her head and lay her man onto her bed fully, cuddling into his chest.

They lay there for a while until Jayda got this amazing idea.
"Hey Major. Do you wanna colour with me?" Jasper looked down at her confused but melted once he saw her hopeful expression.

The couple sat on Jayda's bedroom floor, colouring and talking about random stuff. They caught up on what had changed and what remained the same as they had missed all those revelations, being apart from one another all those years. Jasper promised his mate that if she could colour one whole page without going beyond the lines, he would reward her with anything she wanted. Jayda had started to slip into her sub space, feeling comfortable around her soulmate to allow him to experience her vulnerability.

The girl had made it her mission to colour the photograph of three butterflies fluttering about, one had pitched on the petal of one of many flowers in the still meadow. She was doing a great job or at least she thought she was. The sub only hoped that her mate would think the same.

Halfway finished with the picture, Jayda turned the book to Jasper, beaming at him as she proudly exhibited her colouring techniques. Jasper, surprised, reciprocated her beautiful smile as he analyzed the page.
"This is really good princess. The detail is commendable. I do have a question though. How old are you right now?" Jasper had sensed when his mate's mood shifted thanks to his gift and his curiosity got the best of him.

"I is five years old Major." Jayda said, her smile never fading as she held up five fingers for emphasis to her previous statement. Jasper pulled his significant other into a warm hug, that served as a stark contrast to his piercing skin. Jayda nuzzled her nose into her mate's neck, breathing his scent. She was as tranquil as a dormant volcano. The couple could stay in that position forever. However, the universe had different plans as the door to the house opened. Marcia was home.

Jayda separated from her partner and continued her colouring. If she could be bothered to use her ability, a faint blush would have stained her caramel cheeks.

Not long after, Jayda had finished her colouring of the butterflies and nervously held up the book.
"Major. I-I'm done now."

Jasper immediately refocused his attention to the picture his mate was displaying. He was awestruck. It was even more beautiful than when it was half finished.
"Wow princess, this is beautiful. I really shouldn't have expected nothing less right? You're so talented pretty girl." Jayda felt herself get more excited the more Jasper praised her and he told no lies. The picture, now full of colour, was beautiful.

Jayda smiled a big prideful smile that made Jasper chuckle.
"Let me see your colour Jazz" Jasper smiled and showed his finished product. It was of a rabbit munching on a carrot in a carrot field.
"Wow is so pretty! Jasper so talent. I going to chewish dis forever." She smiled and jumped into Jasper's arms. It seemed as if this was their thing now. Jasper happily hugged his mate and kissed her forehead.

The couple relocated to the bed and resumed their cuddle session. The colouring books and crayons disregarded on the floor. Jayda activated her ability to sleep and soon she dozed off, her breath evening out as her body became heavier on the male vampire. Jasper was too busy thinking about ways to officially ask her to be his girlfriend to notice though.

Word count: 1194 words.