Pt 2: New Life

Going back to normal is what a sane person would do after what I just went through I think... but us Pogues? We aren't normal. Never have been, never will be. Guess that proves we're resilient, right?

I still can't help but think that maybe this is the wrong decision, that this is a bad idea. After all, Blackbeard isn't even real, is he?

The man looks around at all of us. I glance over to JJ, and he's already looking at me. His eyes promise safety. He promises this is a good idea... and I cant help but feel my worries bubble down. We aren't just the loser kids on the island anymore, and because of that, there will be more people like Singh, and more people like Ward.

But I understand what we have to do. This is kind of our life now, I guess. I see the hopeful look and Pope and John B's faces. They want to do it all over again, and with the success of El Dorado, I don't really blame them.

"Sir, you can count on us." John B offers his hand, and the man shakes it.
"Good. We will start preparations. You can expect a call from me soon."
And with that the man closed up his briefcase. Pope lended the manuscript back to him, but he shook his head.
"It's for you to read and... decipher."
Pope nodded, and we all watched as the man walked away.

I can't believe we just agreed to do this... again.

"Sweetie are you ready to go?" My moms voice scares me out of my own thoughts, and I jump. My dad stifles a laugh beside her. Cleo and Pope guffaw as if it were the funniest thing in the world. JJ stays completely silent as he glares at both my parents. After the money clip and Kitty Hawk, he's grown pretty weary of my parents, and honestly, so have I. It's been almost 2 years, and the others don't know the full story of Kitty Hawk... I should probably get around to telling them... but does it even matter at this point?

Well in case it even happens again they should probably know. That's gotta happen at another time though because right now, my mother is being very annoying.

"C'mon Kie, I wanna go have a celebratory lunch! Please?"

I glance from her, then to my dad. I'm still not mad at them anymore, but I now I just don't trust them. I feel disassociated from them in a weird way.

"And JJ, you should come with us." My mom says, looking over at him. His eyes widen in surprise, but he quickly hides it with a stern glare.

"Please. Join us." My dad says. This time, JJ cant hide the surprise on his face. After a few beats of silence I finally see on his face that he has made a decision.

"Ok." He says stiffly. My mom lets out a sort of apologetic smile, and my dad just looks beaten down.

"To The Wreck we go." I mutter.
"Bye guys!" JJ calls back to everyone. He trails after me and my parents, following us to the car.
"Good thing you guys are bringing me along, I'm STARVING." JJ whispers in my ear.