Pt 12: Perry the Platypus

I wake up to the sound of the ocean. I let out a content sigh and snuggle into my pillow.

Wait, it's not my pillow.

I'm resting my head on something that's softly rising and falling...

I open my eyes.

My arms are looped around Rafes neck, and he's holding me close with both of his arms. He's snoring softly. I've never seen his face so relaxed before. He looks peaceful.

And just like that I remember last night. The thrashing waves, Rafe hitting his head, the screaming, the crying. I thought I was going to die.

Yet here he is holding me tight.

This is so weird.

I don't want to wake him up, but I have to pee. Slowly and carefully I try to slide out of his arms, but I see him stirring. Slowly, he blinks the sleep out of his eyes. He immediately let's go of me once he becomes aware of our surroundings.

"Hi." He says in a raspy morning voice, sitting up.
That was kinda...
"Hi." I say back. Now is not the time to be thinking dumb things like that.

But he held me the entire night.
JJ's never done that once.

He also kidnapped me and JJ hasn't ever done that either sooooo...

"Sleep well?" He said, chuckling.
Why is his voice... like that right now...
"Yeah. I just love falling asleep out of exhaustion because I was in fear for my life."
"Who doesn't?"

I couldn't help but laugh. This entire situation was completely ridiculous. Kidnapped by Rafe Cameron, then 8 hours later slept with Rafe Cameron.

The giggles are just pouring out of me now. It's unbelievable. I'm finally loosing it.

Rafe's looking at me with a worried face.

Great, now the psychopath thinks I'm the crazy one.

"Are you okay?" He asks.
"Never better." I say, my laughing fit now finished.

"Let's get breakfast yeah?" He grunted as he stood up.

"Yeah, I gotta pee first though."
Good lord did I really just say that to him?
"Ok." He chuckled. "Bathroom's attached to bedroom."

I walk from the cockpit into the cabin. The way there is littered with debris, and boxes are flipped over. Random things litter the floor. A large wooden spoon, a few plastic dinosaurs, a few rolls of paper towels, a roll of duct tape, and much more. I step over everything and then into the little bedroom. I guess the Camerons just basically used this boat as storage because if they were actively using it they wouldn't have boxes stacked on top of each other for this precise reason. My eyes linger on the staircase to the floor below. I wonder what's down there.

But right now the need to pee is stronger than my curiosity.

I find my way to the bathroom. After I pee I wash my hands and look in the mirror-

Good lord. My hair is insane.

I have a hair tie on my wrist and I use it to make a messy bun. My hair is frizzy and stiff from the salt water and sweat. I turn the faucet on and splash my face with water, then try off with the towel attached to a hook on the wall.

Stepping out of the bathroom I'm greeted by the smell of...
Burritos??

Rafe is in front of a little microwave plugged into an outlet. Next to him are an open bag of tortillas and a can of refried beans. He cleared a little place to sit while the things from the boxes surrounded him.